Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2009, 12:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Any reason I shouldn't get a NORCO RPC-4220?

I'm going to be building a home server. I was thinking of using this case Newegg.ca - NORCO RPC-4220 4U Rackmount Server Chassis w/ 20 Hot-Swappable SATA/SAS Drive Bays - Server Chassis

Originally I was looking at a case like the CM690 (I think it was) and then a bunch of the kingwin 4 drives into 3 5.25 bays

The projected cost was pretty high and the NORCO RPC-4220 wasn't much more but had a lot more capability.

My absolute budget is $500. I don't really want to spend that either. I don't, however, want to start off in a small case and then upgrade, that usually results in more overall cost.

I've done some looking around, but rather than sit here and try and reinvent the wheel I thought I'd pull out the collective minds of HWC to work from experience(s).

I'm not totally set on anything yet. I absolutely want front removeable HDs but as this server is not going to be mission critical it doesn't matter if I have to shut it down to remove the drives.

Any input?

Last edited by Perineum; August 11, 2009 at 04:03 AM.