Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2009, 12:04 PM
Rookie

Default Help Designing a case

I am thinking About designing a SFF case for myself because i cannot find one i like. My problem is that i cannot find the exact dimensions of the rear i/o panel and expansion slot sizes. If any one can help me with those dimensions it would be greatly appreciated.

My design is i was gonna build it like the lian-li PC-A05N in orientation but with 2 fans along the bottom of the case kind like new RV02 or FT02, ether the antec big boy or the coolmaster stormforce 200mm and it is gonna fit a IFX-14 in there. but i dont know if i should put the PSU like the NZXT PANZERBOX or in the front like the lain-li but facing up to shorten the case. any feed back is welcome will post some renderings when i can
Old August 9, 2009, 02:57 PM
Rookie

My first Go at a design
Old August 9, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't get why you would put 2 fans on the bottom. How are they suppose to get air? Many ppl like their PSU on the bottom b/c it gives the tower stability.

-Plato
Old August 9, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rookie

i put the fans down there because heat rises and the case will have feet on it and will still have the normal 120 on the back i just suck at autocad

heres a nice case with Bottom mount fans
http://silverstone-usa.com/images/RV02/RV02_2s.jpg
Old August 9, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Use SketchUp if AutoCAD is too hard. I would say make 1 big fan at the top and one at the bottom and just have a big path of airflow, but I guess the GFX card would mess that up.