Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2009, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Old School Build

A couple of days ago my friend asked me to help with his 939 system. It got me thinking what if I decide to build something with s939. Of course this is just for fun and no real money is involved. If you guys have time and you have the know how please contribute to this thread. This is what I have in mind right now, if you guys happen to know the current prices of these items or comparison of the specifications to current machine please do tell.

Processor: either FX-60 or Opteron 185 both are the highest spec'd dualies for 939(cmiiw). I suppose we could expect around 3.0 - 3.2 GHz which will translate to 2.55GHz - 2.72Ghz for current processor (assuming current processors are rated 15% faster clock per clock). Price $???

Motherboard: ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe for a crossfire system. Price $90.

VGA: 2 Radeon HD 4770. Very cheap, cool, energy efficient and highly overclockable(arguable). Price $240 might be less if used

Power Supply: Corsair VX550. High efficiency, and the system does not really need that much juice. Price $73 or less if it's used

HSF: OCZ Vendetta 2. No particular reason, the first thing that pops up in my mind. Price $40 or less.

Harddisk: Western digital scorpio blue 500 GB. I prefer balance than performance. Price $120 or less.
Old June 26, 2009, 11:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I loved my s939 Build.

Best luck I've had with Coolers is the Zalman Series for that Set.
Best Board really IMO was the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

To each their own on that one.

Good Idea on the Old School.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com