Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hahha...Western Mech Eng FTW! You KNOW that our parties are wilder and better than yours :P TBH, I don't think I'll have much time to game but it's always nice to know that you have a good rig to game on if you have the time.

In the end, unless I can manage to sell my rig or part it out for at least $700, I might as well hold onto it and upgrade the video card when I need to. It's not like running games at 1280x1024 on a 19" is particularly demanding with an 8800GS lol.

Oh and if I'm getting a new card soon, it's with those ncix cards from techwiki so sorry. GTX 275 :D

Oh and sneaky snake, the thing with the Corsair 450VX is that the wattage rating is lower than what it can actually put out. Think it was on xbitlabs where they managed to pull 540W from it before it shut down.

I'm also a bit undecided about the netbook vs laptop thing atm but you guys are bringing up a lot of good points for both choices. Power vs. Battery Life...when did life get so hard

Last edited by CroSsFiRe2009; June 26, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old June 26, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Unless you plan on watching HD movies, the netbook will run them full speed, I dunno why youd want to watch full HD movies on a screen that small but you never know... Personally I would want to carry LESS stuff with me to school, the netbooks litterally fit into a front pocket on your regular backpack and your gtg, dont need to carry a charger or anything useless like that with you. I mean for me its more the portability and battery life that wins me over, ya you can get a decent notebook for a few hundred more but then your stuck carrying a notebook around with you so that you MIGHT be able to play some random low end game... Netbooks will run everything from word processing to MP3 and video playback just as fast as a normal laptop ;)

The GF has a decent dell lappy right now, c2 centrino 2.2ghz, with 3gb of ram and her netbook is faster then the lappy, mostly due to xp im thinking but its noticably faster... needless to say the lappy is getting sold off and shes keeping the netbook.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.