Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2009, 02:13 PM
Rookie

Default Graphics Card Wont Boot

Hey guys,

I bought some new parts last week and I have assembled the rig. But the graphics card just simply won't boot. I tried two different cards, which work in another computer, but not this one. The fan on the graphics cards won't spin either. My motherboard does not have onboard graphics so I can not go into the BIOS.

Here are the specs:

Intel i7 920
ASUS P6T Motherboard
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 55nm
OCZ 6GB (2GB x 3) DDR3 Triple Channel Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB Hard Drive
LG DVD Writer
Antec Nine Hundred Two Case

When I boot up the system, the fans on the case work, the CPU fan works, the optical drive works, but the graphics card doesn't work. I know this because the graphics card fan doesn't work, but it works on another system just fine. So the problem is not the graphics card itself.

I tried all 3 of the PCI Express x16 slots, no luck with any of them. I tried booting up with 1 stick, 2 sticks, and 3 sticks of memory, no luck. I tried 2 different monitors, no luck. I took out the CPU and put it back in, no luck. I tried two different graphics cards, no luck.

I am completely lost now and have no idea what to do. I have no idea what is causing this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.