Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2009, 08:40 PM
Rookie

Default NCIX+DirectCanada Q's

Hi, i am going to be ordering my parts soon, from both ncix and directcanada, and i have questions. we are most likely going to be paying by paypal since my parents dont have a credit card yet(just recently moved here from N.Ireland), we just have a debit card... so if make a paypal account using my parents debit card, do we have to transfer money intothe paypal account so we can use it to pay for the orders or can we pay right away once we've made the account etc etc.......

Few more questions:

When ordering from ncix, if we receive an item that is DOA e.g Motherboard, do allow for the item to be return and replaced once we've opened it? and do they cover your item if its lost during shipping?
Old June 20, 2009, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

why not just get NCIX to price match the entire order and use online interac to pay for it? its the same as paying a bill. You pay for extra insurance on your orders with both DC and NCIX, but DC doesnt allow for anything over and above where as NCIX allows you to pay a bit extra for cross shipped RMAs that are express shipped. NCIX will almost always have the same stuff that DC has but will allow you to price match to DCs pricing.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old June 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

NCIX accepts Interac. I'd suggest get everything from NCIX and price match with DC to save on shipping.

Yes, you can return an item if it is DOA and depending on the product warranty, you can return an item even if it died within specific time. They usually use Purolator (they did on mine anyways) when doing returns and I don't think you need extra insurance with them. Let other members comment on that one as I only had to return once.

Old June 20, 2009, 09:59 PM
Rookie

ahhh ok, but my first question hasnt been answered yet(i think ), i plan to use ncix... so when i make a paypal account with my parents debit card, do i need to transfer money from the debit card onto the paypal account so that i can pay for the orders? or can i just pay right away once ive made my paypal account
Old June 20, 2009, 10:16 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You have to transfer funds into your paypal account which will take about a week, unless we're talking a debit/credit card which will take confirmation that you legitimately have access to it- then transferring is instantaneous. If it's straight up debit, as in not also a visa or mastercard, you might want to ask their bank if you can and/or how to transfer money between them and paypal because for some reason my bank won't let paypal take money from my account even though they they have my secure transfer numbers and everything.
Old June 20, 2009, 10:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely do not attach your bank account to PayPal. It can take up to 30 days I believe to get the funds transferred. Totally bad idea IMO.

NCIX accepts Interac and Bill Payment. You're bank for sure will support the 2nd if you have online access setup. If not, you should consider doing so.

If you opt in for ExpressRMA + Shipping Insurance (you'll see it when you go to checkout), then you'll be covered for 30 days in case anything breaks and if it gets lost, it's insured as well for the full value. Though you'd have to submit a claim with the shipping company which can be a bit of a hassle. I wouldn't worry though, chances of it going missing are slim.
Old June 20, 2009, 10:51 PM
Rookie

ahhhh...whats interact and bill payment?... we r new to this kind of stuff, never experianced it while we lived in N.Ireland, kinda new here in canada only been here for 3months
Old June 20, 2009, 10:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Interac is your bank card, which you use at ATM's. (automatic teller machines)
Old June 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It all depends who your parents bank is. If they are dealing with Scotia Bank it's very easy to set up and make payments to NCIX.
Old June 20, 2009, 11:25 PM
Rookie

they're with this bank called Community Savings, they have the debit card that the bank gives them, i dunno if it'll work or not