Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Agreed...he won't be, unless thiers a Silverstone or LL sitting beside his HAF ;)
Great "expensive" cases... LOL !!!! HAF is the best air cooling case and for $180 or less that's a steal.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep your right crazy, but the OP stated around $250....so only another $125 or so and he gets the best.....remember...for many of us these $300 - $400 Case investments last a very very long time. I agree, the HAF is a good air cooler case, but imo, not the best, that would go to Silverstone 07 09 10 .....

Old May 26, 2009, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Yep your right crazy, but the OP stated around $250....so only another $125 or so and he gets the best.....remember...for many of us these $300 - $400 Case investments last a very very long time. I agree, the HAF is a good air cooler case, but imo, not the best, that would go to Silverstone 07 09 10 .....
I still think the HAF tops those Silverstones for air cooling especially stock. I had a 09 and for me anyways the HAF keeps everything much cooler than the 09 did.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

What about a Cosmos s?

Its a nice case with lots of room for fans. Can even accommodate some rads should you later decide you don't like air cooling (like me)

If its a dumb idea it because I personally like smaller cases (I feel its more efficient that way - space-wise). I suggested it because I saw one in person and it looked pretty solid.

Old May 26, 2009, 07:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hey guys thanks for all of your great suggestions but after considering all the options I decided to stay with the HAF 932. This became based on just the overall quality of the product at the price line that I was getting it at. Im only paying $166 for it so id say for the case thats a fairly solid price. Ive placed my order through NCIX and they are currently in the middle of creating my dream pc (or as close to it as I will get for a long long time to come). Also after seeing some pic's of people with red cold cathodes and 4 120mm red LED fans on the side plus doing their own paint jobs i see enough potential here to keep me happy.

As an added bonus I know a guy (my mom is best friends with his wife ) who may be able to do some really cool after market paint jobs on it. Some of you guys may know him as the man who painted Todd Bertuzies motercycle (while still in Vancouver) and won the mask design contest for Curtis Sanford (old Vancouver Canucks Backup Goalie at the begining of this most recent season) for a reasonable price.

Ill be throughing some pics up after its all said and done and in my house! And ill definatly take a TON of pics if i ever get it professionaly painted!

Old May 26, 2009, 09:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Good choice bud.