Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Normally its easier to find low end LED fans then regular ones oddly enough... The best fans I can name for their price are the yateloon red/blacks with no LED, in canada you can pick them up for like $5-$6 each and they move a ton of air at relatively low noise.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
Yeah, I checked out those fans. I like the white LED kind, though as I mentioned, I don't absolutely need the LED or anything.
White LEDs are nice, though not much selection for them.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You will find the widest selection of LED or low priced fans will be blue led, but hopefully with all these new cases coming out with stock red LED fans maybe we will see more of that color offered, as it seems blue is out for a while. White LED with a smoke colored semi clear fan looks AWESOME, I know xigmatek has one on their dark knight cooler, I wanted one so bad but was out of stock when I ordered.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I prefer red LEDs, but the problem is every single peripheral maker out there seems to love blue. The Habu mouse, the screen on the Z-5500 control pod, the Dominos A.L.C., the button on the Samsung SCX-4500, and the HDD LED on the Antec 900 (the case fan LED too, but then that can be easily swapped). Red looks awesome, too bad it'll just clash with every other piece of hardware you'll ever own.

Old May 21, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
too bad it'll just clash with every other piece of hardware you'll ever own.
Geez....sounds like my wife talking about the drapes and the flooring....sorry.. ;)

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old May 21, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Geez....sounds like my wife talking about the drapes and the flooring....sorry.. ;)
HAHA... Dave510 go grab a microsoft sidewinder x6 keyboard ;) its red backlit and looks awesome, also get your soldering iron out and change out some LEDs to red ones =) I personally like the way red and blue mixes, same with blue and green, but thats just me.

Rj, dont forget to match the paint color to the color of your throw pillows =P

Old May 21, 2009, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
White LEDs are nice, though not much selection for them.
Oh. Crap, sorry! I think you guys misunderstood. I meant I liked the White LED Fan as in.. that blue LED fan you linked me to that was white in color; the fan itself. My bad, haha. I should have been more clear with my sentence, or just linked the fan all together.

I don't need any fancy spinning wheels, shiny things, or bright colors though. The only reason I'd upgrade from the Antec 300 to the CM690 or HAF922 if I had a wild hair up my butt was for some good air flow, not how it looks or anything. xD
Old May 21, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yeah I hear you, im the opposite though, I love windowed cases and lights, my rig sits about eye level and I built it so I could be happy whenever I looked at it =)

Your doing a great job of putting this all together by the way, and are very open to others opinions and ideas and seem to learn quickly, I dont think you will have any troubles with this build the way you are going =)

Old May 22, 2009, 08:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
Oh. Crap, sorry! I think you guys misunderstood. I meant I liked the White LED Fan as in.. that blue LED fan you linked me to that was white in color; the fan itself. My bad, haha. I should have been more clear with my sentence, or just linked the fan all together.
That's actually clear, not white. But yeah I know what you mean now.
Old May 22, 2009, 03:42 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
Yeah I hear you, im the opposite though, I love windowed cases and lights, my rig sits about eye level and I built it so I could be happy whenever I looked at it =)

Your doing a great job of putting this all together by the way, and are very open to others opinions and ideas and seem to learn quickly, I dont think you will have any troubles with this build the way you are going =)
Hey, thanks! That means a lot. I hate how if you go to certain places, they are like "lol noob! you didn't choose this part, you're dumb" etc. Sure it doesn't hurt my feelings or anything, but if someone's going to say I don't know anything, at least they can point to what I'm doing wrong, and you guys help me with that. It's cool of ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
That's actually clear, not white. But yeah I know what you mean now.
Wow, really? I couldn't tell, but I guess it's easier to tell if you actually have them in your case and what not. I'll definitely think about getting a few to replace the stock fans.