Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2009, 08:08 PM
Banned

Default Sugestions for a Cenderella PC

Last year I build a Cinderella Gaming PC . Base on this GA-P35-DS3L Gigabyte, E4600 Core 2 Nvidia OEM 8800 GT ( take out from my XPS 420 ) , WD 500 Gb ( don’t remember witch one ) case not relevant since It was for my nephew and I use is old TT Shark Case. ) very impressive machine for the price.

This year he want I do the same. So instead of start to make search , I said why not ask the folks here, So what will be your choice for a Cenderella Gaming PC, let say for a 19” with 1280 x 1024 , I will not buy him a new screen , especially not a LCD, the way he punch is thing when he get mad. No need to go too much in detail with link to the parts, it's for have a general Idea.

Last edited by dataxpert; April 28, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old April 28, 2009, 08:24 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'd say you have a very good list of parts from last year...
Old April 28, 2009, 08:30 PM
Banned

I have a budget at the time ( his tax return ) so I push more on the GPU than the CPU, my intention was to switch the CPU if he need more power. ( most easy parts to change without playing in the OS ) He never ask for more. ( unless I will have paid )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I'd say you have a very good list of parts from last year...
Old May 1, 2009, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

why not OC it and pocket the money....

-Plato
Old May 1, 2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

Thanks jcmaz, I should may be said in my post than for me it's more the GPU my problem to choose..... OC will make the pc perform more, but it's not what I have i mind for that build. I want an affordable PC, not so bad for gaming. a little bit like the on your signature, except I will prefer an Intel solution, not I don't like AMD, but it's more easy for me to keep all me rig with the same kind of processor, so I can switch them. As I said the problem for a non real gamer like me is to choose the video card. spec are spec....