Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Shouldn't be possible. Even if the switch somehow gave a slight tweak to the wiring, the computer's PSU would filter it all out, and none of the computer components would see anything.

But on a related note, do you have a printer hooked up (and plugged into it's own wall socket)? Printers can pull a computer out of sleep mode, I believe, so maybe something's happening there?
Old April 2, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm with Eagle Eye......"Watch ya smokin?"...just kidding!

Old April 3, 2009, 07:24 AM
Top Prospect

I'm telling you this is what's happening.

This morning I woke up. The computer was in sleep mode. I stood there VERY quietly, and GENLTLY turned on my light. As soon as the light came on, THE COMPUTER WOKE UP!!

Trust me on this, you guys are right, it SHOULDN'T be possible. I do home theaters etc for a living, so I know a thing or two about electrical work and AC noise, etc. This is just messed up!!!
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset

Old April 3, 2009, 07:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Did you try isolating the mouse?

There is a bit of history here... one of the coolest computer solutions I've ever come across was from somebody who complained that their mouse was losing response during certain times of the day.... turned out that he had a window close to his mouse through which the sun was shining in (at a particular time of day) and overloading the sensor.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 3, 2009, 08:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gentlemen, what we have here is a Classic Case of LCS.

L.C.S (or more Commonly referred to as Lonely Computer Syndrome)
Was First Diagnosed back in the Early 90's by a group of Tech's out in Stanford University.
It started appearing periodically as users (i.e. you and I) started spending more time with our Computers Components than with anything else in Our Lives.
These time frame captures are recorded in the Computers BIOS and kept in check to ensure that the computer receives ample attention.
Time spent can include, Gamming, Upgrading, Overclocking (they espically like this because they can show off for you) and generally touching any part of the computer.

Common Symptoms of a Lonely Computer can generally include:
Unstable Overclock
Overheating
Strange Component Failure
Random Power-Ups
Coolant Leaks
Fan Noise

To name a Few.
Generally these symptoms go away over time, espically during 'Upgrade' sessions.
However should they continue the results can be a disaster!
Motherboard and PSU Failures are a common sign that your Computer had enough and could no longer live without you. It is a sad day when this occurs.

So remember Folks, ask yourself this when you wake up each morning.
"Have you touched your Mouse today?"

This has been another, useless anouncement!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 3, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL! Now that my friends, is some funny s***t!. That made my day!

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)