Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   upgrade cpu / memmory?? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/16405-upgrade-cpu-memmory.html)

ultra2 March 31, 2009 11:18 PM

upgrade cpu / memmory??

I have
Rampage Formula x48
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 2048 MBytes, G.Skill x 2 ( 4gb)
Geforce 8800 GTS Video Card
HDD WD 320 x 3

so I need to upgrade for only CPU and Memory

cuz my cpu always crash when i editing the movie or doing FME capturing on ps3 and streaming tv... like when i change the resolution 780 x 480 or whatever from FME (adobe flash media live encoder), crashed i don't know whats wrong with my computer

do i need upgrade??

2slick4u March 31, 2009 11:31 PM

i dont see a point in upgrading just the memory or cpu just cuz it crashes. Try and find out the problem you may have to reformat? if not then i dunno double check for faulty hardware.

bovine.baron March 31, 2009 11:35 PM

Your rig looks good, it's probably a software problem. Have you got all updated drivers, scanned for malware and viruses, and all that jazz?

ultra2 April 1, 2009 12:24 AM

they are updated drivers but its still same!!.. crash/ freeze!!!

when i use fme.. cpu goes up like 50 to 60.

i dont minding myself to buy upgrade... so suggest??

Liu Kang April 1, 2009 05:23 AM

That's a sweet rig already, I think the upgrade is a waste of cash... I'm with Bovine, make sure you have updated drivers, run windows update, run a virus check and a defrag. If you still experience crashes, reformat your drive and re-install Windows.

No sense in upgrading such a solid machine.

gingerbee April 1, 2009 05:28 AM

an upgrade is not going to stop you crashes just make you mad when you spend some coin and see no difference( try to find whats causing it to crash )

Soultribunal April 1, 2009 06:04 AM

What case is this all in? Have you checked what Temps you are getting on your CPU / NorthBridge ???
I know some faults can be caused my overheating components.

I'd be checking that too, but otherwise that is a really solid Rig with lots of potential.

Do a Mem Test as well, perhaps you have a faulty stick of Ram in there.

Regards,
ST

Chris April 1, 2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultra2 (Post 172677)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

Does it mean you overclock to 3.16HGz? I don't know the base frequency of this cpu. After checking the memtest (if you passed), then give the cpu a little more voltage to see if it can be more stable.

gingerbee April 1, 2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 172753)
Does it mean you overclock to 3.16HGz? I don't know the base frequency of this cpu. After checking the memtest (if you passed), then give the cpu a little more voltage to see if it can be more stable.

that is the base google is your friend:biggrin:

ultra2 April 1, 2009 09:20 AM

yes its 3.16

i did format it few time... also i did use windows 7 for test.. same!

i will ask my bro to see whats he sayin.. he is who only bulit my compuer..
im not expert at this compuer. anyway

thanks.. if not ... i will upgrade with big bucks i dont care if its no sense :sad:
what do i need to get upgrade?