Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2009, 10:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra2 View Post
yes its 3.16

i did format it few time... also i did use windows 7 for test.. same!

i will ask my bro to see whats he sayin.. he is who only bulit my compuer..
im not expert at this compuer. anyway

thanks.. if not ... i will upgrade with big bucks i dont care if its no sense
what do i need to get upgrade?
If the problem is a software issue, then upgrading will not help at all. Find out whether its a software or hardware issue first. Then if its a hardware issue, find out which piece of hardware is responsible.

Old April 1, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra2 View Post
yes its 3.16

i did format it few time... also i did use windows 7 for test.. same!

i will ask my bro to see whats he sayin.. he is who only bulit my compuer..
im not expert at this compuer. anyway

thanks.. if not ... i will upgrade with big bucks i dont care if its no sense
what do i need to get upgrade?
ahh nothing i think thats the point everyone else is making my self included ( upgrade if you want to i guess good luck with the problem ) if you going to upgrade by a quad core
Old April 1, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

+1 to not upgrading, theres no point that PC is pretty damn nice already and it deffinetly isnt the problem here, you say CPU goes to 50 or 60% utilization? thats not enough to crater your pc, unraring a large file takes my CPU to 99% and it doesnt restart, I would say its either an overheating issue or memory like people have already pointed out. I recommend you get a copy of memtest 86 burn it to a cd and boot it and test your memory as that could be an issue when your working with large amounts of memory as soon as a bad sector gets used the program errors out. That or because its gradual and only starts to get errors when you get into the CPU utilization it could be that its overheating, is it in a bad case? did your brother put thermal grease on the cpu heatsink base? is it getting properly ventelated out the back or top of the case? is the CPU fan plugged in and working?

The only upgrade you could perform on this pc is to go with a higher end quad like a Q9550 but that would be silly as you will spend that money ($400) for the CPU upgrade and youll find that even on your shiny new cpu your still getting the same issues. Best to hammer down whatever is causing the error first then if you feel like you need an upgrade go from there.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.