Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

NCIX doesn't update prices on a lot of older items/ items they don't carry anymore. That was probably released right at the beginning of Blu-ray, and then ncix stopped stocking that product, and didn't bother to remove it, or update the price.
Old March 31, 2009, 01:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've seen bluray readers under $100 a few times. The GCC-H20L HDVD/BD combo drive is usually ~$140 or less. It was only 4-5 years ago when DVD burners were this expensive too.
Think I paid a little less than that at FS of all places for that drive.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 31, 2009, 01:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
NCIX doesn't update prices on a lot of older items/ items they don't carry anymore. That was probably released right at the beginning of Blu-ray, and then ncix stopped stocking that product, and didn't bother to remove it, or update the price.
I agree. If you look at the thread for that product most of the comments are from Fall 2006. Someone managed to revive the thread in Spring 2007. Doesn't mean anything for certain but I think this backs up your theory.
Fold for team #54196