BFG 9800GT OC
Mushkin Redlines
True 120
ECS 945
Rosewell 650Watts
Vista Ultimate
1650x1050 resolution

Parts that need to be upgraded
Lian Li PC-60B Plus II, So before i jump on this case, has anyone have experience from xpress canada? there seems to be a few 1 star reviews at Pricecanada.com I just hope they're not selling refurbish or ultra late shippers as stated at pricecanada.com reviews. I would of PM at ncix if they had this case
More pictures can be found at Newegg

For Video card i am 100% going Nvidia, I need something that won't be bottle neck by the E8400 and in the $250 range. So i had picked an gtx 260 216, but all those bottle neck talks in other forums got me worried! May be i should just upgrade to an 9800gtx+?

Some cheap 650W PSU during NCIX sales likely from Antec or cosair or PC C

I had thoug about motherboard upgrade but havn't decide yet, need to check how much money i got left after upgrade :rtfm:

So my questions are at what speed needed to not bottle neck a gtx 216? And would that Lian Li fit all the True 120 with its removeable M/B tray? It is removeable right? I had consider getting an CM690, but CM690 vs Lian Li pc-60 is like a pontiac sunfire vs first gen Toyota MR2

I know a Lian Li is not a budget case, but damn its so cool, its so sik it seem like it can transform like optimus prime

My upgrade budget is $400 CAD total

Forgot to mention, OC is impossible for me as of now, due to 342FSB wall

Thanks

Wes

Last edited by Silvgearx; March 17, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old March 17, 2009, 03:40 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Why not get lemonlime's Asetek phase-change kit with case for $500? Then you can OC your proc muuuuuuuch higher.

Edit: Thread can be found here!
Asetek Vapochill LS and matching Lian-Li case!
Old March 17, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You will not see any bottlenecking on a single GPU of any kind with that E8400, you might see a bottle neck with dual cards if your CPU is under say 3.2-3.4ghz other then that I doubt youll see much if any. Being an owner of a 9800GTX+, I can honestly say go with the 260 216 if you have the money, youll be very happy with it. the 9800GTX+ is a great card but youll want the extra power the 260 can offer. wow $500 for that kit? to bad no LGA775 mounting hardware.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old March 17, 2009, 07:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

AFAIK, XpressCanada is a spawn off on Canada Computers. Both have absolutely horrid online service (aka none) so don't expect much. You'll get it "sometime" to say the least.

Probably worth while to spend a bit more and get it from Newegg if you need it quickly.

Not sure if you can find this from a Canadian seller or not, but IMO it's the best budget Lian-Li case I've seen, though it's not full aluminum. But it does have a removable motherboard tray. Lian Li Lancool PC-K1B Aluminum/ SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Products Model: PC-K1B [PC-K1B] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old March 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks again for the info regarding GPUs

It seems like theres only 1-2 lian li owners in HWC .

That Lian Li PC-K1B seems like a great case, but i dont like the power buttons on it and i need that side fan, and the side fan is almost impossible to find in Canada .
Gonna gamble this one, i really do like that case .

One thing i need to make sure if those GTX 2xx would fit
Old March 19, 2009, 08:12 AM
Rookie

As for the issues with Xpress Canada, why not price match with NCIX... They will PM the Case, and they have a special on shipping right now... If you buy a 20$ gift card shipping on the order is free.

I have a Lian-Li 1000V. It's well built and really light, I just recently got it, so I don't have too much to say about it. It was easier to work with then a few previous cases but harder to work with then my antec 1200 or even my xaser 3... Honestly it seems right up the middle for me. Then again this is not the same case you are buying... So it might not help.

Good Luck and Cheers!
Old March 19, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for your suggestion Barber!

Actually NCIX are really low on Lian Li cases and only had certain available as of now.

I heard over at the NCIX Forums they are getting more, and even new models too

I am waiting patiently for them