Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey Sanjo......updated what?
You'll also notice in the past few Posts (got a little off Topic)...my comments re: FPS and my opinions on the subject, you'll also notice others "disagreeing"....but in no way does it get to the point of being "disrespectful"..........thats the beauty of this Forum.....

Old March 13, 2009, 11:37 AM
SanjoTHEBanjo

i updated the build on the first page...
Old March 13, 2009, 11:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjoTHEBanjo View Post
i updated the build on the first page...
There We go Sanjo, that is looking a lot better.
My only suggestion now is if your going for a 4gHz OC , that something other than the Domino, like the Freezone Elite or a Swiftech Pro Kit (with the HAF you can Mount that baby in the top easily.

My thoughts, the Domino might be hard pressed to tame an i7 with that kind of heat.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 13, 2009, 12:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

Doesn't the chip require like 1.7v to hit 4,000 and up? I could be mistaken about that, but I dunno how long the chip would last at those settings, even with a good cooling solution!

Old March 13, 2009, 12:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Doesn't the chip require like 1.7v to hit 4,000 and up? I could be mistaken about that, but I dunno how long the chip would last at those settings, even with a good cooling solution!
Charlie has his at 4.0, and I don't think he needed nearly that kind of Voltage.

I could be wrong though,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 13, 2009, 12:14 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Mine probably would I am pretty confident I have the absolute poorest clocking i7 on the planet. 3.6GHz with HT requires 1.35V, and with that voltage it runs way to hot.
Old March 13, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

If I was planning on a long term hot rod'ed CPU I drop the coin on a Boreas. The Freezone Elite would be my next choice. 3rd would be water....but I don't think you would be happy with the Domino...or any single 120mm rad bay kit. Though if budget is not a concern and I wanted a really extreme cooler I would go for a Vapochill unit ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

Default ok updated again.....

nvm just saw the price im sticking with domino seems great performance for 78 bucks

Last edited by SanjoTHEBanjo; March 13, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old March 13, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Im pretty sure you guys are right on this one, that I7 is going to eat that domino alive, i would honestly just go with a true push pull over a domino, but thats just me.

EDIT: just took a look at your update, you have the elite in there now o.O? and still the flex ram? drop the water cooled ram and pick up some cheaper non water cooled ram or people might laugh histarically when they look inside your case.. as far as I know the elite does not allow you to run aditional cooling to things like ram, I may be mistaken but im pretty certain its a sealed unit.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old March 13, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All this and here I'm hoping to hit 4.0 on my 965 on AIR lol...

I'm pretty sure that chip will eat that domino alive; I havn't had any time to play with my 920 at all but from what I've read: outlook not so good.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Closed Thread