LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2009, 12:49 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
I'm very polite, I could be worst.

Here something you can read, the results speak for themselves:

Intel Core i7 920, 940 and 965 Extreme Edition review - TechSpot

If you are really looking for a gaming computer you might want to consider Core2Duo as an alternative. Also, I have giving you good advices for your "Price vs. Performance".
the difference between those scores are barley negiable so i don't no how u can say those core 2 duos are better. the i7 actually beat the core 2 duos 9 out of ten times. if you overclocked the 920 to 4 gigs. it would wipe the floor with the core 2s. I can be worst to so instead of me turning into the hulk i suggest you just leave my thread before it gets "ugly"
Old March 12, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

680i are touch and go there are good ones out there, so their not a totaly horible board.. 8800GTX Still out performs a GT so how is that a waste of money? I personally woulda went dual 8800GTs but thats my personal choice not exactly whats best, I wouldnt say that thats a waste of money, and the E8500 is known to overclock higher then the E8400... Chances are youll never really see the day where the i7 out performs the E8500 to a point where its worth spending the extra $400-$500 and he wasnt trying to pull you anywhere he was pointing out different strats on your build. dont flame for that.

We had no idea you where Folding since you never posted that in the OP... and I still agree quad sli is a huge waste of money, crysis is not in anyway worth that sort of money, and I hope to god that games are coded better then that game from now on, its horibly writen and hence runs like crap on most systems... and yeah lets see some benchmarks that say you gain that much of an increase with dual 295s, I just dont see it happening its been proven quad SLI doesnt scale near that well. Im sorry but your original ram choice just does not show any kind of research done it shows your grabbed the top ram you could find without doing any research. we are here to give you a hand with your build and give our years of experience as imput, the end result is your own.

EDIT:
Quote:
I can be worst to so instead of me turning into the hulk i suggest you just leave my thread before it gets "ugly"
Wow is all I have to say to that, peace to this thread you obviously dont need our help...
F@H

My System Specs

Okay. Calling someone a Joke, and then preaching how to be polite will not get you respect , nor make you look cool.
First and Foremost, we are here to try and help, and part of that help is to make sure people don't spend more than they need too, to get what they require.

And knocking other peoples hardware (even if they perhaps said something not so polite in regards to yours) is not the way to go.

Few things save Drafting Programs, and Intensive Photo-rendering Suites would really require 4 Logical / 8 Total Cores on a System.

Quad SLI is not really worth what it is. But I won't look at the benchmarking side of it.
That is going to stack 4 Very Hot Cards on Top of each other.
You are going to have to get very creative with your cooling if you have any hopes of having them live long and productive lives.

My thoughts at least...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL

I have just about had enough of this thread, keep it up then it will get "Ugly".

All of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjoTHEBanjo View Post
the difference between those scores are barley negiable so i don't no how u can say those core 2 duos are better. the i7 actually beat the core 2 duos 9 out of ten times. if you overclocked the 920 to 4 gigs. it would wipe the floor with the core 2s. I can be worst to so instead of me turning into the hulk i suggest you just leave my thread before it gets "ugly"
Easy... Chosen gave you some Price vs. Performance numbers here. If you wish to dump 400$ into a chip, fine. But you asked about it, and he gave you his comments.

Next comment out-of-line and this thread is closed.
Old March 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

OMG I JUST LMAOed at supergrovers DP, thats awesome, your now one of my many heros man.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:11 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Okay. Calling someone a Joke, and then preaching how to be polite will not get you respect , nor make you look cool.
First and Foremost, we are here to try and help, and part of that help is to make sure people don't spend more than they need too, to get what they require.

And knocking other peoples hardware (even if they perhaps said something not so polite in regards to yours) is not the way to go.

Few things save Drafting Programs, and Intensive Photo-rendering Suites would really require 4 Logical / 8 Total Cores on a System.

Quad SLI is not really worth what it is. But I won't look at the benchmarking side of it.
That is going to stack 4 Very Hot Cards on Top of each other.
You are going to have to get very creative with your cooling if you have any hopes of having them live long and productive lives.

My thoughts at least...

ST
evga has a lifetime warranty

listen guys i dont bash unless i get bashed.

on topic:

what ssd would you recommend don't have stuttering issues? since dropping 500 bucks on 80gigs is out of the question for me
Old March 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Here something you can read, the results speak for themselves:

Intel Core i7 920, 940 and 965 Extreme Edition review - TechSpot

If you are really looking for a gaming computer you might want to consider Core2Duo as an alternative. Also, I have giving you good advices for your "Price vs. Performance".
Those scores mean nothing to me. I went from a q6600@3.6 to an i7@3.8 and all my gaming scores shot through the roof. I got a bigger gain from that upgrade than I would have had I added a second gtx 260 to the q6600. 18000 to 22000 3dmarks.

I can accept those benches at stock clocks but once you start overclocking the i7 leaves the core 2's in the dust. And the core 2 benches were all with ddr3 ram, who is running a core 2 with ddr3?
Old March 12, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
And the core 2 benches were all with ddr3 ram, who is running a core 2 with ddr3?
*Raises hand*

Not much choice with the 790i FTW board for SLI.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:16 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjoTHEBanjo View Post
listen guys i dont bash unless i get bashed
We are old and grumpy. you are a noob. You start out here by flaming and you won't make any friends.

to answer your question. The new corsair 128gb is $400 and doesn't stutter on writes, but it does not perform like the x25m.
Closed Thread