Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

ok thanks for the opinions i will check out the format and update it. I might also do a couple of build updates. Also whoever said the quad 295 is overkill it might be but not by that much i will be able to play every game maxed with all filters on no problem. there is sno way i could do that with 1. Also, if you look at benchmarks the gain is around 30 -40 percent at 1920x1200 on sli supported games (obv) and if u also look 2560x1600 is owned by 4870x2 because of the gddr5 gtx 295 has issues especially in sli running at 2560x1600 becuase not enough memory or bandwith.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Nice.. thats the only reason I wasnt going to get it this build and went with the xigmatek which was a little higher.. last reviews I seen showed the true being to close to the northbridge coolers on these chipsets, I guess they improved it on the x58.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Your running at 1900x1200 arent you? and a single GTX295 cant handle higher frames in crysis maxed? thats kind of suprising.
Old March 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

um... dude. a single gtx 295 can play crysis at 1920x1200 every very high at around 30-40 fps two of them can play it at 8x aa at 50-60 fps u choose...
Old March 12, 2009, 01:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

Let's analyse your rig:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjoTHEBanjo View Post
i7 920
evga x58
6gb ocz xflex 1600mhz 777-24
A Wolfdale E8500 can outperform a core i7 in gaming. It is obvious your are building a gaming rig.If you put in consideration, an E8400, motherboard to go with the CPU and plain DDR2 you already save around 400 - 500$ and you will have similar performances against a Core i7. But let's move on...

Quote:
gtx 295 quad sli
One word, overkill. You do not need 2 of those monsters. One is enough. Unless you do folding or you actually use it for CUDA (I really doubt it). Also, it has been proven that Quad SLI doesn't scale very well. The only game that would really use all that power would be Crysis and again 1400$ of Video cards to run one game, something is wrong. One card is plenty, even if you have a 24 inch monitor.

Your whole rig looks like a joke. There is hardly any research done on any of the components. Most of the components are the "Top" brand but they are not necessarily the best. If you were really serious about this rig, you would have done a lot more research...

But if you do more research I'm pretty sure we can help you out.

A system doesn't take a day to be built!
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old March 12, 2009, 01:35 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Hmmm, interesting... It scales that well in Crysis? I've never seen Quad SLI scale above 10-20% over a regular (two gpu) SLI setup. Do you have any links to benchmarks that show those results?
Old March 12, 2009, 01:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Hmmm, interesting... It scales that well in Crysis? I've never seen Quad SLI scale above 10-20% over a regular (two gpu) SLI setup. Do you have any links to benchmarks that show those results?
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...95,2123-5.html

This basically sums it up. You don't get double the performance since you have two cards.
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old March 12, 2009, 01:41 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Let's analyse your rig:

A Wolfdale E8500 can outperform a core i7 in gaming. It is obvious your are building a gaming rig.If you put in consideration, an E8400, motherboard to go with the CPU and plain DDR2 you already save around 400 - 500$ and you will have similar performances against a Core i7. But let's move on...

One word, overkill. You do not need 2 of those monsters. One is enough. Unless you do folding or you actually use it for CUDA (I really doubt it). Also, it has been proven that Quad SLI doesn't scale very well. The only game that would really use all that power would be Crysis and again 1400$ of Video cards to run one game, something is wrong. One card is plenty, even if you have a 24 inch monitor.

Your whole rig looks like a joke. There is hardly any research done on any of the components. Most of the components are the "Top" brand but they are not necessarily the best. If you were really serious about this rig, you would have done a lot more research...

LOL? don't try to pull me to get a core 2 technology goes forward not back. I fold 24/7 and I want to be able to play games for along time without upgrades. especially crysis. My components arnt "top brand" I looked for good price vs performance ratio and went over the top with graphics. your a joke and i hope you learn to be more polite. The only thing im considering changing is the velocirasptor to an ssd
Old March 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
SanjoTHEBanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Let's analyse your rig:

I also noticed in your rig you purchased a 680i which is a horrible board an 8800gtx which is a waste of money over an 8800gt and an e8500 over an 8400 so dont tell me my rig is a joke bud
Old March 12, 2009, 01:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
LOL? don't try to pull me to get a core 2 technology goes forward not back. I fold 24/7 and I want to be able to play games for along time without upgrades. especially crysis. My components arnt "top brand" I looked for good price vs performance ratio and went over the top with graphics. your a joke and i hope you learn to be more polite. The only thing im considering changing is the velocirasptor to an ssd
I'm very polite, I could be worst.

Here something you can read, the results speak for themselves:

Intel Core i7 920, 940 and 965 Extreme Edition review - TechSpot

If you are really looking for a gaming computer you might want to consider Core2Duo as an alternative. Also, I have giving you good advices for your "Price vs. Performance".

Quote:
I also noticed in your rig you purchased a 680i which is a horrible board an 8800gtx which is a waste of money over an 8800gt and an e8500 over an 8400 so dont tell me my rig is a joke bud
Hahahaha, when I bought my 8800GTX there was no such thing of a 8800GT. I bought the 680i board and never had any issues with it. I overclocked with it and it runs like charm. But do you know when I bought that system ? 2 years ago. ( minus the small upgrade to the E8500).
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Closed Thread