Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2009, 09:29 PM
Rookie

Default First Build - Basic

Hey everyone

I'm planning on making my first build sometime in the next month or so, and any help would really be appreciated.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

It will be used for most basic things. Internet, music (I need a good sound card), cd/dvd burning, some games but nothing that's too hard to run.

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

I'm hoping for around $800, and if I'm able to include the monitor in this price that would be even better.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Canada! I'm not sure whether DirectCanada, NCIX or TigerDirect is recommended, so advice on which sites to use is appreciated.

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

Intel, and ATI or nVidia are fine.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

No parts to use, sadly.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

Yes, I have read lots.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

I'll most likely run it at default speeds, as I'm not too familiar with overclocking yet.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

In the next month or two.

Thanks again!
Old January 11, 2009, 09:01 AM
Rookie

Hey, thanks for the reply! This has definitely given me some ideas...I'll post more a bit later.