Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
Rookie

Default New Build need help

Hey guys JUST found this site for the first time. Wish i had of found it before i bought all my parts. :S Anyways, once i get this sucker together im going to accessorize and tweak it out to run the best i can. Looking to find input on what i might be missing in the rig ive forgot about. Rig is as follows.

Antec 900 Case
Intel E8400 Dual Core CPU
Asus P5Q-E Mobo
G.Skill 1066 4GB Kit 5-5-5-15 i thnk
Sapphire 512mb 4870
Seagate Barracuda 32mb cache 750GB Sata2 HDD
Silverstone F60 600watt PSU
LG GGC-H20L [still looking for a deal on one used if i can]

Now this in a nutshell will of course be my new gaming pc but will also function as my Bluray/HdDVD player in my Home theatre [they happen to be in the same room so it works well.] Obviously with HTPC you want lowest noise and with the gaming pc wants best cooling [usually resulting in higher fan noise] WITHOUT sacrificing cooling is there any mods etc to be done to optimize my rig? I thought about aftermarket GPU/CPU cooling so thats definately an option. I dont want to do WC yet. Also ive heard there are some good acoustic treatments you can do to your case to help cut out some noise but not sure at what cost for cooling that might be. Any suggestions would be great also if you have links to any products you suggest used or new that would be great also.

Thanks guys
Old January 3, 2009, 12:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

Nice rig. Though there were a couple of used H20L here at the Buy and Sell forum not too long ago, it is hard to come by. So I'd suggest to just buy a new one. I think the blue LED lights that the case emits would be a distraction if you put it close to your TV.

I believe that that case has a poor cable management, so check this mod out and hopefully you can do it too. A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case - XtremeSystems Forums

Old January 3, 2009, 02:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice setup!
I have the Antec 900, IMHO it is a good case, good stock cooling and super quiet! (My BenQ W500 is louder than the case...)
And that Mod case sure did make it look good!
But if you have any plans at all to WC, get the coolermaster HAF, NCIX = $174.42
Also the front LED's are SUPER bright, They light the room! Hasn't been a problem for my Projector yet.....

Intel i7 Quad Core 920 @3.8GHz | eVGA X58 x3 SLI | HAF 932 | Corsair 1000w | WD SSD 256gb | WD 3200 1TB | Seagate 2TB | 6x2GB DDR3 Mushkin XP3| MSI GTX 680+EK WB| 24" BENQ E2400HD | 19" Samsung 953BW

Swiftech 655 | Swiftech MCR220 | Apogee GTZ+1366 | EK Spinbay Res | EK Waterblock | Primochill 5/8" | Bitspower Compression Fittings
Old January 5, 2009, 08:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Overall a decent build, my only two suggestions would be;

1) Find a Vison or HIS Video card instead of a Sapphire one. (I've been told in no uncertain terms that they are the worse for Customer service/RMA issues).

2) Go with Samsung or Sony for Optical Drive. (I, personally have had nothing but issues with LG Drives, which has soured my opinion of them).

Otherwise, Looks good, solid.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 7, 2009, 01:18 PM
Rookie

nice build my friend.