Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
As in what kind of OC are you getting and Temps? You figure the Thermaltake 120 would have been better? I grabbed that one only cause it was in Stock and it seemed to be what others were using.....its huge, but my Silverstone Case is quite roomy.
I had a quick look at the Evga X58 Review, in particular the BIOS Settings, there sure seems to be quite a few settings to tweak...hope its not too complicated, this E8400 was really only a matter of upping vCore, small up to MCP and SPP Voltage and changing the FSB, that was it....
I'm right now @ 3.6, and getting load temps of around 74ish. And yeah, I think the 120 would be better, (I believe it's Thermalright) since I had it for a while and my temps were pretty good @ 4. It's just it didn't fit in my case, that's why I had to exchange it for the Ultima.
Old January 10, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep thats right Thermalright.....huh...well thats what I'll be hoping for anyhow...anything around 3.6 - 3.8 I'll be happy....4 would be a bonus indeed!