Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

All parts purchased as indicated above.....whoaaaa....$1300 upgrade....taxes -shipping etc...! Elected to not pay the additional $35 for Express RMA (just based upon past experience).......should be a sweat build ....I hope!!!

Old January 9, 2009, 07:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
.......should be a sweat build ....I hope!!!
Don't drip sweat on your new parts!!!!

Have a sweet time putting them together.

Sorry, RJ, I couldn't help myself.
Old January 9, 2009, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I believe so, just not as high priority as any other RMA's that may be processed.

Wait, scratch that. If I remember correctly, the free insurance covers only $100 worth of anything that adds up to $100 out of the total, and the one for $5 (I think) is insurance for $300... Not exactly sure, but I would go for the RMA insurance because it covers all of your purchase and you get express RMA's.
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One

Last edited by ImmaPC; January 9, 2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed some typos >.>
Old January 9, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Too late.......

Old January 9, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So the final build will be:
Core I7 920
Evga X58
Thermaltake 120 HSF
3x 2 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 Mhz
2 x GTX 280 SSC
Corsair HX1 kW
1 - 74GB Raptor HD
1 - 320 GB Barracuda
1 - Samsung DVD RW
1 - Asus 16X DVD Read
All in the Silverstone TJ 09
Running Vista Premium 64 Bit
As its such a costly upgrade I really hope thier are no issues!!!

EDIT: Of course most of the Hardware in my Sig will be going into my second hand-me-down Rig or "gift" Rig...my son graduates this year, last year for his Grade 11 graduation I got him an Asus Laptop, this year, perhaps a "re-build" with older parts, although the wife figures I should sell the old stuff!!

Old January 9, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey Enabarif......yes I'll finally be off of the nFoce Chipset bandwagon and on the Intel Chipset side..... :)......with all of my experience with that Board, the only thing that pi__ed me off was the fact that I could never get the SATA DVD RW Optivcal Drive to function correctly, as in would not open COD4 and would not Burn DVD's using ImageBurn and thier is absolutely NO support from either nVidia or Evga to fix the issue. Some folks were able to fix it with either a Chipset Driver update or a BIOS update, but my ole Board would not correct itself regardless of the updates..................................
................I no longer sleep with my Nforce Chipset Board!!...no hard feelings...as I may need your help OC'ing my X58 Intel Board

Old January 10, 2009, 03:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Hey Enabarif......yes I'll finally be off of the nFoce Chipset bandwagon and on the Intel Chipset side..... :)......with all of my experience with that Board, the only thing that pi__ed me off was the fact that I could never get the SATA DVD RW Optivcal Drive to function correctly, as in would not open COD4 and would not Burn DVD's using ImageBurn and thier is absolutely NO support from either nVidia or Evga to fix the issue. Some folks were able to fix it with either a Chipset Driver update or a BIOS update, but my ole Board would not correct itself regardless of the updates..................................
................I no longer sleep with my Nforce Chipset Board!!...no hard feelings...as I may need your help OC'ing my X58 Intel Board
Welcome to the rainforest
We've got amusement and activities.
We've got all your requirements
Darling, we've got the handles

If you need any help with Intel Chipsets, feel free to ask, we'll help in any way we can. Even if you only need me to butcher songs, I'll be there.
Old January 10, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
If you need any help with Intel Chipsets, feel free to ask, we'll help in any way we can. Even if you only need me to butcher songs, I'll be there.
Thanks Chilly....there's a number of other folks on here running the I7 and Evga X58 Board.....so hopefully I'll be able to get a moderate OC out of it. Also, will likely be looking for assistance "finding stuff" and "tweaking" the Vista OS...been using XP so long now things msconfig for stopping items from loading is a breeze, hopefully its as easy in Vista!

Old January 10, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Thanks Chilly....there's a number of other folks on here running the I7 and Evga X58 Board.....so hopefully I'll be able to get a moderate OC out of it. Also, will likely be looking for assistance "finding stuff" and "tweaking" the Vista OS...been using XP so long now things msconfig for stopping items from loading is a breeze, hopefully its as easy in Vista!
Hehe, I'm using the EVGA board, and so far, it's pretty good, but I can't get a good OC out of it, probably because I'm using an Ultima 90. (That thing is so small)
Old January 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Hehe, I'm using the EVGA board, and so far, it's pretty good, but I can't get a good OC out of it, probably because I'm using an Ultima 90
As in what kind of OC are you getting and Temps? You figure the Thermaltake 120 would have been better? I grabbed that one only cause it was in Stock and it seemed to be what others were using.....its huge, but my Silverstone Case is quite roomy.
I had a quick look at the Evga X58 Review, in particular the BIOS Settings, there sure seems to be quite a few settings to tweak...hope its not too complicated, this E8400 was really only a matter of upping vCore, small up to MCP and SPP Voltage and changing the FSB, that was it....