Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2008, 12:02 PM
Rookie

Default ThermalTake Armor+ or Cooler Master Cosmos S Case

hey guys, im going to start building my new rig in the next couple of weeks and the gf wants to buy me a case for xmas, so really needs to order tomorrow, but I am undesided about which to go for, ThermalTake Armor+ or Cooler Master Cosmos S Case. I will be using it for a high spec qued core machine, which i am looking to swap over to part water cooling in march/april, the main things im looking for is good build as i want to use this case for 5-6 years with manly parts being changed, and something that looks good, that why i first started looking at the amour plus because of the large side window. anyways anyone on here have one of these cases? any views on which to get?
Old December 17, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Cosmos S hands down, the Armor+ doesn't stand a chance..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 17, 2008, 12:33 PM
Rookie

have you used both cases?
Old December 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Ahhh the Venerated Armor+ Case.
I have never used a Cosmos Case, although I know Coolermaster is starting to really make some nice CAses (see HAF 932).

If you have to choose between the two, I can only suggest the one I've used. That would be the TT Armor + . I've downgraded (well, size at least) to an Apollo Now.
The Armor is an old Design, and like a lot of other cases it has lots of things done right, and somethings that make you question what TT was thinking.

I'll probably get a lot of Flak for saying TT but I did love that case, for better or for worse.
Hopefully someone who has used the Cosmos will let you know their take on it. Afterall it might be the better of the Two for what you need.

Good Luck.
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Whats your budget???
+1 Silverstone!
NCIX.com - Buy Silverstone Temjin TJ09B-W Black E-ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS W/ Window - TJ09B-W In Canada.

Old December 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Cosmos S hands down, the Armor+ doesn't stand a chance..

I'm going with miggs on this...
The Cosmos S has a bunch of room and can easily support a 120.3 internally without any modifications, take a look at the worklogs forum...

[edit]http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/5290-coolermaster-cosmos-s.html[/edit] -- No Mod 120.3 rad

Its definitely a beast of a case, CM makes quality stuff

Def the Silverstone over the CM tho if its in the running
Old December 17, 2008, 01:01 PM
Rookie

Im uk based, about 140, dont really want the other half spending more then that
Old December 17, 2008, 01:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

is the haf in your price range?

Old December 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
That HAF 932 really caught my eye prior to purchasing the Silverstone.....it looks like it can cool incredibly well and I thought the Review of it here on HC was very positive. I think if I were looking at a Case with a Budget not quite up to the Silverstone or Lian Li requirements I'd be very tempted to go with that HAF!

Old December 17, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGle1337 View Post
I'm thinking it would be because for us in Canada, it is actually cheaper than the Cosmos S, so technically speaking I would believe it would be in the UK as well.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution