Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2008, 08:37 AM
Allstar

Default Snipers core i7 setup

So as some/most of you know I aquired Reno's Rampage II Extreme from him so here are the rest of what i plan on getting for it within the coming weeks. prolly won't be complete totally till after Xmas but it'll be worth the wait.

mb- Rampage II Extreme
cpu- i920
ram- OCZ PC-12800 Gold tri 6Gb 8-8-8- 24 1T
vga- Tri Sli 8800GTX
hdd- 150Gb Raptor OS (unless I decide on something else better) 500Gb for backup storage
psu- Coolermaster 1250W
case- MM Pinnacle24

Cooling will be under water

cpu- Brass top Stinger V8
NB/SB/mosfets- yet to be determined but hoping on EK's new black sparkle if they ever come out lol.
2 MCR 320 rads fans ytd
pumps- 2 D5 varis
tubing- TBA
fittings- Bits power/DD
Res- TribalOverkill custom built res

Any suggestions or anything please feel free to comment or suggest something better. thx

Last edited by Sniper; November 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice build man!

damn that cpu block is nice.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Droooool!

I just installed one of those UltraKazes on a H2O build for a friend - sounds like a hair dryer.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
sounds like a hair dryer.
Haha yeah a friend had one and he said it lasted about 5 minutes in his case before he took it out and chucked it across the room.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 17, 2008, 08:52 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Haha yeah a friend had one and he said it lasted about 5 minutes in his case before he took it out and chucked it across the room.
Does he know they can be rpm controlled? lol I have 4 now & getting some 2000 off here & all will be controlled.
Old November 17, 2008, 09:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There are also two silent versions of the fan that are somewhat mroe reasonable- I like my 38mm panaflos
NCIX.com - Buy Scythe Ultra Kaze 120MM High Static Pressure Silent Fan 38MM 2000RPM 87.6CFM 32.9DBA - DFS123812-2000 In Canada.
Old November 17, 2008, 09:05 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
There are also two silent versions of the fan that are somewhat mroe reasonable- I like my 38mm panaflos
NCIX.com - Buy Scythe Ultra Kaze 120MM High Static Pressure Silent Fan 38MM 2000RPM 87.6CFM 32.9DBA - DFS123812-2000 In Canada.
I am also getting 4 of those yes from here for one of the rads. I figered I already had 4 ultras so whay not use them up. With a little sound deadening material in the case maybe the noise won't be as bad?
Old November 17, 2008, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know of any PC "sound absorption" that absorbs a broad enough spectrum to clean up noisy fans - I dunno, fans don't bug me personally so I'd just not worry about it lol.
Old November 17, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice setup you got there!

I want some benchmarks and pics

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old November 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
Allstar

This is just in the making it isn't built yet. As I get parts for it I get them like today when the doorbell just rang. The UPS guy finally caught me. I was waiting since Friday for it to!