Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's location dependent. The CC in Waterloo is actually quite good, the guys know what they're doing and seem to have lots of hands-on experience with all the hardware they sell. I've even listened in on a few conversations they had with less knowledgeable customers, and they did a good job giving solid advice, instead of just recommending the most expensive item/BS-ing the customer. And prices? Not always the best, but certainly not the worst either, and remember that in-store means no shipping costs.
Old November 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

My System Specs

I made a post on a partial build, but no one has posted any comments to it:

My Partial Build (Please Help Me Fill In The Blanks)....
Old November 17, 2008, 01:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

lucomputers seem like they have some decent deals too - not sure where in Toronto they are but I'm sure their website will say: www.lucomputers.com
Old November 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
Rookie

Canada Computers are good I was in the missisaga store today it was small but pact whit everything you need with god deals and the staff was fine.
Old November 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
It's location dependent. The CC in Waterloo is actually quite good, the guys know what they're doing and seem to have lots of hands-on experience with all the hardware they sell. I've even listened in on a few conversations they had with less knowledgeable customers, and they did a good job giving solid advice, instead of just recommending the most expensive item/BS-ing the customer. And prices? Not always the best, but certainly not the worst either, and remember that in-store means no shipping costs.
Every time I go into the CC location in Waterloo, I always get ignored. I stand there looking at items, I stand there staring at the guy who's standing behind the counter doing nothing but flirting with the girl at the cash register, he looks right at me and then pretends he's busy fiddling with something behind the counter. I wait, and then someone else comes in the store and another sales guy pounces on them. It's like they have it in for me.

I'm also not impressed with their prices. On occasion I'll buy small items from them, and once in a blue moon they have a good deal on an item that will make me go in there. But I don't like their service much. Once you manage to get their attention, they're not too bad.

I vote for NCIX. If you want it in hand, pay the extra for Purolator Air, next day delivery almost always, as long as your items are in stock. The price difference will more than make up for the shipping. Heck, even saving the PST makes up for the shipping. And they have the Interac Online option now. And their service is awesome. There's no reason not to shop with them.
Old November 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjay_47 View Post
I vote for NCIX. If you want it in hand, pay the extra for Purolator Air, next day delivery almost always, as long as your items are in stock. The price difference will more than make up for the shipping. Heck, even saving the PST makes up for the shipping. And they have the Interac Online option now. And their service is awesome. There's no reason not to shop with them.
Unless you count having to RMA your whole rig twice, over a 4 month period, and then its still not working correctly,,,, sorry, just bitter...
RAM - Mushkin HP2 6400 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2
HDD - Western Digital Caviar 640GB SATAII (x3)
MONITOR - Asus PA246Q, 24.1" LCD P-IPS Professional Monitor
PSU - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Crossfire 750W
CASE - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Ultimate Gamer Case
HEATSINK -Xigmatek HDT S1283
SOUND CARD - AuzenTech X-PLOSION Cinema 7.1 DTS

OS - Vista Home Premium 64BIT

Old November 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjay_47 View Post
Every time I go into the CC location in Waterloo, I always get ignored. I stand there looking at items, I stand there staring at the guy who's standing behind the counter doing nothing but flirting with the girl at the cash register, he looks right at me and then pretends he's busy fiddling with something behind the counter. I wait, and then someone else comes in the store and another sales guy pounces on them. It's like they have it in for me.

I'm also not impressed with their prices. On occasion I'll buy small items from them, and once in a blue moon they have a good deal on an item that will make me go in there. But I don't like their service much. Once you manage to get their attention, they're not too bad.
Seriously? Weird. Maybe I'm just lucky then. I don't go there often enough that they actually know me, but they seem to track me down whether I want it or not, and I don't think I look like a very good customer.
Old November 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
and I don't think I look like a very good customer.
Maybe they think your trying to steal things so they keep a close eye on you

But the CC on Kennedy (aka in Toronto) you have to ask a guy for help, they don't normally come up and ask. Remember now, CC isn't Future Shop where you have 10 guys come running towards you as soon as you look at an item.
Old November 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Maybe they think your trying to steal things so they keep a close eye on you

But the CC on Kennedy (aka in Toronto) you have to ask a guy for help, they don't normally come up and ask. Remember now, CC isn't Future Shop where you have 10 guys come running towards you as soon as you look at an item.
Agreed, I think CC tends to cater to people who already know what item they want. So if you're not entirely sure of what you want or you would like someone at the store to automatically come up to you to help you out then CC would not be the place for you.