Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 04:37 PM
Top Prospect

Default $332 good price for p6t deluxe?

Is this a good price for a p5t deluxe, this seems like a good price for such an early release. Should I push the button or is this a bad price?
Old November 6, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

p6t or p5t?

If you mean the p6t for sure then, I would say it's hard to tell right now with the price on i7 stuff. But that board should be in the 299 range in a month or so easily if not 270. I think during the first 4 weeks it's really silly to buy any of it because it's all introductory pricing.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 04:51 PM
MVP

I think a good price point for the P6T would be in the 275$ range while the Rampage II Extreme should be in the 325-350$ range.

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old November 6, 2008, 07:53 PM
Top Prospect

This is a new board those. I thought the new retail of these things was going to be 300US dollars. So essentially with our dollar, this would mean 350.

I thought the extreme rampage 2 was going to be 400+ because the rampage extreme two here is 420, and I think this is going to be more expensive because of the sli certification and the x58 being so expensive.

Yes this is the p6T deluxe with the OC palm thingy.

If you can find the rampage extreme 2 for that price, I would jump on that like a starving dog.

Last edited by sheepdogexpress; November 6, 2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old November 6, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't usually go off the rumours of retail value floating around; once you're used to a companies branding you can almost guess where the settling price point will be and with Asus I'm almost positive we will see the P6T down between 270-290 in a month or so; and 325-350 for the RII Extreme. I'm so positive in fact I'm going to wait for it even though I have a chip being sent to me as we speak.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 09:41 PM
Top Prospect

The cheapest rampage extreme 1 is 458 dollars
rampage extreme - Price Comparison - Canada's Cheapest Prices
in canada.

This thing has sli certification, so it certainly more expensive. In the states the rampage extreme cheapest price is still near 400 dollars. Unless it is used I can't imagine the RII extreme costing 325 to 400 dollars.
Old November 6, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, it's expensive for sure, but it's not like we havn't seen the exact same thing happen everytime a new platform comes out hahahaha
Old November 6, 2008, 10:33 PM
Top Prospect

if i can chime in here i would like to say something dont take any offence

i was going to get the p6t for my i7 setup but come to find out the rampage is 10x the mobo for an extra 200
if you want all out foolish performace get the rampage like i said thats my opinion just trying to help out

altho the p6t comes with a cool little lcd (overclocking on the fly) have you see that yet?
PSU:Koolance 1300 Watt
Graphics: Tri sli XXX GTX280 XXX
HDD:2 Supertalent SSD
LCD:24IN Samsung wide
CASE:TT Armor
Danger Den WC Setup
4 Pelts 226Watt
Old November 6, 2008, 10:37 PM
Top Prospect

here is a link

techPowerUp! News :: ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Motherboard in Pretty Pixels
PSU:Koolance 1300 Watt
Graphics: Tri sli XXX GTX280 XXX
HDD:2 Supertalent SSD
LCD:24IN Samsung wide
CASE:TT Armor
Danger Den WC Setup
4 Pelts 226Watt
Old November 6, 2008, 11:08 PM
Top Prospect

I heard the gigabyte ex58 xtreme is a good board, at least when overclocking the fsb. Its looks great too.