Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

You have a very nice build, like if you haven't ordered yet.. Then the only thing I would change is the video card.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...id=999.243.272

Reason being, Saphire warranty and RMA support goes through a third party company, you end up paying more. I would rather suggest getting Asus, Gigabyte or even Palit, better manufacturers, plus the warranty process is descent tbh.

You already one very good price matching site, also check out Compare prices - Canada - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping
Also shop at NCIX, you can price match, and oh I just remembered, they have a good deal going on for orders over $300 and under 200lbs, you only pay $5.99 ground shipping. Canada computers is a good store, but they are lots other websites who have cheaper prices, and who knows your final build total even with shipping included might end up the same price as canada computers. NCIX is also a very good company to deal with.

Good Luck on your build.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 6, 2008, 04:30 PM
Top Prospect

Hi Ahmed

Don't discount some of the other suppliers like Direct Canada or NCIX because they are on the west coast. They often have very very good prices to start with, and they always have sales. Sometimes there's also some good deals to be had on shipping. You wouldn't be the first person from the east to order from these guys. They are worth checking out.
Old November 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_2 View Post
Hi Ahmed

Don't discount some of the other suppliers like Direct Canada or NCIX because they are on the west coast. They often have very very good prices to start with, and they always have sales. Sometimes there's also some good deals to be had on shipping. You wouldn't be the first person from the east to order from these guys. They are worth checking out.
And don't forget that anyway, after the 30 days of warranty provided by most of online stores, you will need to send a defective part to the manufacturer for the rest of the warranty, so it's better to look for the one that is offering the best deal without looking for the distance.

AthlonX2 4600+ @ 3.0Ghz (tweaked by Ebdoradz) | Gigabyte MA790X-DS4 | 2x1GB Mushkin HP PC2-6400 @ 860Mhz | Silverstone Strider 500W PSU | Palit Radeon HD 3850 @ 720Mhz/1.76Ghz on 22" Acer X223w monitor | Thermaltake SopranoRS 101 | 1 x Seagate 250GB
Old November 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
Rookie

I agree with you "miggs78" I'll change my graphic card for Asus. I wanted in the first place but it seems like some reviews changed my decision at the end.

I agree with "Leclerc" about this distance issue, I don't want to stuck with the manufacturer while they takes for ever to answer back, that if they did.
That's why i'm not so exiting about buying my build online, unless they are here in Toronto, just in case if any thing happened i can go to the store (that if i'll buy online).
I always like to go yo the store and pickup my build from their.
Besides, I've been searching for 10 days and I found in some parts "New Egg" are cheep with few bucks, but over all Canada Computer are the cheepest so far, which you can't ignore that as well.

Some parts in my last list has mail-in rebate ( which i don't like, because i had no luck with that at all), but i didn't calculate these mail-in rebate discount. Even with that, Canada Computer still cheep.

What do you think?!!!