Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2008, 11:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
My home (spare bedroom), to our returning soldier and his wife, for a little
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Heck...West Jet flies into Comox! Our hospitality is our gift!

Old October 21, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Sounds nice.. Time to enlist in the army.

But seriously, is there anything else that is needed?
Old October 22, 2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh my god!

It's so beautiful there! I grew up in Duncan!
Old October 22, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That is suhweet of you really..
Now if I only that soldier could come and say hello to us, we would be honored really.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 22, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep you got that right Miggs, as I stated, I go out on a Coast Guard ship for work, I'm only gone from home for 28 days at a time, thats hard enough, I couldn't imagine having to say goodbye to my family for 6 month deployements at a time!!! And then considering the risks....cudos to our boys (n gals) over-seas...!!!

Old October 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

rjbarker, thank you for the hospitality, I'll extend the offer to them. Once the build is done and I present the system to him and get him to make a post on here.

Infiniti: Has for hardware everything is account for and then some. The only other thing I could think of is another game. Maybe say Gears of War.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTX View Post
rjbarker, thank you for the hospitality, I'll extend the offer to them. Once the build is done and I present the system to him and get him to make a post on here.

Infiniti: Has for hardware everything is account for and then some. The only other thing I could think of is another game. Maybe say Gears of War.

I have a copy of gears of war, the only issue is it is already activated on my Live account.

I do have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Key I never use, and a Warcraft 3 Key. I will have to go digging when I get home from work to see if I have anything else like this.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall86 View Post
I have a copy of gears of war, the only issue is it is already activated on my Live account.

I do have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Key I never use, and a Warcraft 3 Key. I will have to go digging when I get home from work to see if I have anything else like this.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. he would enjoy.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What about.. CoD4 maybe? I don't play it anymore, so its just collecting dust.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
What about.. CoD4 maybe? I don't play it anymore, so its just collecting dust.
Another member Chilly is already sending it

Pretty much any FSP or TPS military sim game he enjoys.

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com