Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131 (permalink)  
Old October 21, 2008, 11:18 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
My home (spare bedroom), to our returning soldier and his wife, for a little
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Heck...West Jet flies into Comox! Our hospitality is our gift!
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)  
Old October 21, 2008, 11:21 PM
Infiniti's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,388

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
My home (spare bedroom), to our returning soldier and his wife, for a little
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Heck...West Jet flies into Comox! Our hospitality is our gift!
Sounds nice.. Time to enlist in the army.

But seriously, is there anything else that is needed?
Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 03:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
My home (spare bedroom), to our returning soldier and his wife, for a little
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Heck...West Jet flies into Comox! Our hospitality is our gift!
Oh my god!

It's so beautiful there! I grew up in Duncan!
Reply With Quote
  #134 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I apologize for not "hooking into this thread earlier"...however, I too am a "Public Servant" and have nbeen away at work for month......onboard a Canadian Coast Guard ship here on the Westcoast.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get in on the build, however, I would like to offer, the following:
My home (spare bedroom), to our returning soldier and his wife, for a little
Westcoast "getaway". May sound odd, but me n wife have a very large home here in the Comox Valley (Vancouver island), very close to local ski hills, great beaches, golfing (year round), kayaking, mountain biking etc etc...
I would like to invite our soldier and his wife to a "stay" any time...simply PM me for the details...
Heck...West Jet flies into Comox! Our hospitality is our gift!
That is suhweet of you really..
Now if I only that soldier could come and say hello to us, we would be honored really.
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
  #135 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 03:53 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

Yep you got that right Miggs, as I stated, I go out on a Coast Guard ship for work, I'm only gone from home for 28 days at a time, thats hard enough, I couldn't imagine having to say goodbye to my family for 6 month deployements at a time!!! And then considering the risks....cudos to our boys (n gals) over-seas...!!!
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #136 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
BALISTX's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,005
Default

rjbarker, thank you for the hospitality, I'll extend the offer to them. Once the build is done and I present the system to him and get him to make a post on here.

Infiniti: Has for hardware everything is account for and then some. The only other thing I could think of is another game. Maybe say Gears of War.
__________________
"Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil as my C8 Carbine is locked and loaded."

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl


[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Reply With Quote
  #137 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTX View Post
rjbarker, thank you for the hospitality, I'll extend the offer to them. Once the build is done and I present the system to him and get him to make a post on here.

Infiniti: Has for hardware everything is account for and then some. The only other thing I could think of is another game. Maybe say Gears of War.

I have a copy of gears of war, the only issue is it is already activated on my Live account.

I do have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Key I never use, and a Warcraft 3 Key. I will have to go digging when I get home from work to see if I have anything else like this.
Reply With Quote
  #138 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
BALISTX's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall86 View Post
I have a copy of gears of war, the only issue is it is already activated on my Live account.

I do have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Key I never use, and a Warcraft 3 Key. I will have to go digging when I get home from work to see if I have anything else like this.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. he would enjoy.
__________________
"Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil as my C8 Carbine is locked and loaded."

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl


[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Reply With Quote
  #139 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
Infiniti's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,388

My System Specs

Default

What about.. CoD4 maybe? I don't play it anymore, so its just collecting dust.
Reply With Quote
  #140 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
BALISTX's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
What about.. CoD4 maybe? I don't play it anymore, so its just collecting dust.
Another member Chilly is already sending it

Pretty much any FSP or TPS military sim game he enjoys.
__________________
"Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil as my C8 Carbine is locked and loaded."

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl


[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes