Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You might have to wait a while, since I'm going to sell my current system before I start on that one. But yeah, I'll post a worklog and my OC results once the rig is up.
Old October 12, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'd +2 the Mushkin RAM myself.. those redlines you are getting performs quite well.. I'm just thinking Infiniti, for few bucks more the DS3R seemed to perform better, at least what I've heard, but that DS3L is also a pretty good board no doubt.

I would have suggested the Pc Power and Cooling 750w, you can also get it for $120 and it peaks at 825W, and really is a beast of a power supply, it can handle a 4870 CF with ease, so i'm guessing a GTX280 for sure.

Otherwise you'll be getting a hek of a build really.. :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 13, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I was thinking about the DS3R, but then theres Crossfire available, and since I don't want to waste money on something I don't need, theres no point in getting that board. The DS3L does everything I need, and is cheap too.

As for the PSU, I want this one because its modular. Plus, I heard that the 850W is quieter than the PCP&C, so yeah.
Old October 13, 2008, 01:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay. I'll be able to get this build going probably in the next two weeks. I just sold my whole computer to a friend of mine for $800, so I'll just need to get the PMs done by NCIX on Tuesday and I'll be ordering the parts. They'll arrive probably next week, if I'm lucky.