Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2008, 05:58 AM
Top Prospect

First, welcom on HWC forum.

Since you plan to buy in a month or two, I don't know why you look at the stock availability for now because the parts you chose could get unavailable since you take the order. So just take note of the suggestions so you could have some options for when you will place the order.

For the video card, you can have a really good deals (around 170$) on some ATI HD4850 wich give a lot for the price.

For the HSF, I don't have problem with the Freezer 7 pro. I've just installed one on a friend rig for an E8400 and it run cool and quiet.

For the other parts, It's you could get better ones but you will pay a bit more and you could get over budget rapidly and betwen you and me, yes they perform better but you may get only 2-3 fps more. Playing your favorite game at 50fps instead 53fps is not a big deal I think. And again, in a month or two you could get some deals on these parts and some other could price down so you could stay in your budget with more performing parts.

Hope it helps a bit.

AthlonX2 4600+ @ 3.0Ghz (tweaked by Ebdoradz) | Gigabyte MA790X-DS4 | 2x1GB Mushkin HP PC2-6400 @ 860Mhz | Silverstone Strider 500W PSU | Palit Radeon HD 3850 @ 720Mhz/1.76Ghz on 22" Acer X223w monitor | Thermaltake SopranoRS 101 | 1 x Seagate 250GB
Old October 12, 2008, 06:52 AM
Rookie

Thanks everyone, some of the stuff I found I ended up saving maybe $30 or so without losing any quality, and it was having it built within the next month or two, ordering my parts this month.
Old October 12, 2008, 07:06 AM
MVP
F@H

Hi Rolay, welcome to HWC.

I don't mean to cut your thread short so if you have any "Is this better then that?" or "does this go with that?" questions fire away.

But... I recommend you return to this thread the day you are going to order, post up what you are going to get and let the HWC hounds (beavers?) loose. The members here will help you get the best bang for your buck. New deals and new hardware show up all the time so the best deal today could be totally different 3,7,or 12 days from now.