Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2008, 04:01 PM
Allstar

Well, I think rj's gaming rig IS good. So is mine, so are most around here. As long as it makes you happy, and you can run games and have fun, it did its job.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
if you don't believe it... you need to research... and that is period!!
Geez..testy testy...chikay (ukranian for "relax"...sorry, perhaps I should have left off "period"...the intent isn't to say one chipset is better than another or one GPU / CPU is better than another. I happen to favour the NForce Chipset / Nvidia GPU combination..thats it...thats my choice. The list of Hardware is geered towards those also seeking that same combination.
BTW....I DO rearch my Hardware considerably....I think that remark was unjustified to say the least!

Old October 22, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Things seem so expensive now.. My other build, which has a Q6600, GTX280, and all the goodies, is just 1.3k plus tax. It seems the drop of the CAD really messed with hardware prices..
Old October 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwestwell View Post
Ahh Miggs is always good for a little salt in the eye..or salt of the earth I am not sure ...but either way
:rtfm::rtfm:

But really if you think i'm talking BS.. think again m8..if you're not.. never mind..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
Top Prospect

I bought about half my components after October 7th and I think this rig is a little on the expensive side. As I mentioned in another thread, I have a e8500, x38 mb, 4gbddr3 and a 4870 x2 system without monitor for about 1500 after tax and shipping.

My rig is almost entirely water cooled too. If my gpu block error was not made, I could of had the chipset, both gpu's and the cpu water-cooled. As it is, only the cpu and chipset are underwater(using good stuff to boot).

The key for me was buying used stuff when possible and ebay.
Old November 3, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
The key for me was buying used stuff when possible and ebay
My build posted doesn't include "used parts"..all new parts with varying Warranties, from Lifetime to 5 yrs. It also includes "everything"!!..Complete!!

Old November 3, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
It is not a cult, currenty Intel chipsets are better. Period. Unless you dont care about overclocking, then you might as well buy the cheapest board you can find that has the features you need.
I agree.
Old November 3, 2008, 04:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

Like how so many people still cheer for the Leafs even though they haven't won the Glorious cup in 41 years people still love them and apparently they are worth a mountain of money even though teams worth much less have won the cup regularly...anyway my point is some people still love AMD processors even though they do not take the top crown and get their butts whooped even by cheaper intel products they have there function I used to love AMD I still love ATI.....we have all had to stand by something before.... even though it wasn't the best and others rag on you for your support hell I was a Flames fan through many a bad years and much flak......In the long run what matters is that you are happy with your decisions hopefully justified sometimes not...and F*(&k everybody else.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old November 5, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
In the long run what matters is that you are happy with your decisions hopefully justified sometimes not...and F*(&k everybody else.
You nailed it down with that line Westwell! Thanx!

Old November 5, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
In the long run what matters is that you are happy with your decisions hopefully justified sometimes not...and F*(&k everybody else.
Well said, I agree completely.