Old October 8, 2008, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
bad case.
base optical drive.
bad motherboard.
Bad attitude.

This is almost identical to the rig I just built, nothing wrong it.
Old October 8, 2008, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No, really thier is nothing at all "wrong" with it..hahahah
I knew all the Nvidia and nForce "bashers" would have thier opinions....its like a "cult" around here...hahahaha
Thats what makes this site so great.....lots of knowledge and opinions!

Keep em coming

Old October 8, 2008, 08:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
a lot of people agree with me
Yeah you have already grown up into a legit poster...all that crazy long thread to build your computer and damn look at what you learned already....

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old October 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like the rig- I have three 260- 216s right now (in two computers) and I find myself wishing I had a 790i- the p5q-e certainly is a better choice if you're looking for budget and never plan on running SLi, but the 790i is interesting (and bound to fill a thread with discussion ;-)- I'd love to have on eof those new FTW digital pwm 790i - all solid caps too
Old October 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

It looks like a solid rig ...you could save a couple bucks here and their but obviously everybody has their own favorites as far as an Nvidia rig goes it's pretty solid I would maybe change the PSU to something cheaper if I was looking for a bargain rig but the PC Power and Cooling PSU's are rock solid so for a non newb build it makes sense. I thought of doing what you did once ...just post a couple systems to answer the call of so many newbuild questions but I stopped short for 2 reasons 1- stuff always changes Prices/Sales/New Gear 2- This forum is full of some really good e-shopers/enthusiasts and I just knew I would start something....It's good your willing to take flak on this it makes for a fun forum disscussion.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old October 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

I heard that we were all ganging up on RJ, got here as fast as I could...

Seriously, we've all got our favourite parts. If Nvidia mobos treat you well, go for it, although some of us haven't had as much luck.

Although I'm going to throw out a vote for the WD SE16 640GB HDD. It's got different platters in it, generally giving it the edge in performance over 500's. It may not do anything for your FPS counts, but all three of those games you mentioned are either lousy for loading times (Crysis, Warhead), or probably will be (Farcry 2). Every little bit helps, right? Besides which, the SE16 640GB's can be price-matched for $72 these days, so it won't cost you anything. Just my 2c.
Old October 8, 2008, 09:20 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I fourth it. Not good choices for the case and mobo. And who buys windows?

Also, any gaming rig should have 2 hd's in raid0. Load times are almost as important as FPS for your gaming experience. It can also be a real advantage in MP where you are the first in and can pick your side and the cherry weapons.
Old October 8, 2008, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I fourth it. Not good choices for the case and mobo. And who buys windows?

Also, any gaming rig should have 2 hd's in raid0. Load times are almost as important as FPS for your gaming experience. It can also be a real advantage in MP where you are the first in and can pick your side and the cherry weapons.

Ill have you know I bought my very first copy of windows last year....of course now I have bought 2 copies.

But all that aside you cant post that you recommend stealing software instead of buying it it makes sense to have it in the price for people looking to build legit rigs..

Old October 8, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It is not a cult, currenty Intel chipsets are better. Period. Unless you dont care about overclocking, then you might as well buy the cheapest board you can find that has the features you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I knew all the Nvidia and nForce "bashers" would have thier opinions....its like a "cult" around here...hahahaha
Old October 8, 2008, 10:27 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwestwell View Post
But all that aside you cant post that you recommend stealing software instead of buying it it makes sense to have it in the price for people looking to build legit rigs..
XP has been out for 6+ years. You don't have to buy an OS for every new machine. I have dozens of legit copies laying around.