Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2008, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Yes, OCZ Vendetta II.

Why change the ram from the Mushkin brand?
I'm picking it all up from Newegg.ca and directcanada.com, but neither seems to have what I'm looking for in RAM. Which means buying it somewhere else and paying an extra $15 in shipping.

So, basically, is it worth it?
Old October 7, 2008, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
No "hammering" involved rjbarker, but most of us would suggest that an intel chipset is currently the way to go. It's been a while since Nvidia put out an enthusiast motherboard chipset that has made me think otherwise.
I find this really hard to believe....to believe you even said this...when was the last time you even "took a look at the newer line of nForce Boards"? Please tell me it has not been in the last year...prior to the old 680i from eons ago maybe, but todays newest Chipsets?...please!

BTW....check out the top 6 Boards..."not for enthusiasts"? hahahaah
EVGA | Products | Product List

Old October 8, 2008, 01:29 AM
Rookie

Ok, I just wanted to thank you all for the help. You guys have been REALLY REALLY helpful.

Anyway, last 2 questions:

1) Will I need to configure anything when I put this together? (ie - BIOS settings to fiddle with or something?)

2) I chose the Coolermaster Centurion 590 for my case. I've got a 3rd fan sitting around from my old rig and figured "WTF, might as well use it!". So what's the best spot for this? The top? Or the side by the Video Card?