Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice price on the Antec Signature series combo deal the with case that would of been the PSU I would of got if it weren't 237.60 here in Canada. I settled with the Antec Truepower quattro 850 for 143.00 from ncix.com a pretty sweet deal, unfortunately it went on sale here this week instead of last Antec Truepower Quattro 850W Power Supply Atx V2.2 EPS12V 20/24PIN Active Pfc 80PLUS Dual 8PIN PCI-E - DirectCanada.

You won't be disappointed with GTX280 its a powerhouse
Old October 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Nice price on the Antec Signature series combo deal the with case that would of been the PSU I would of got if it weren't 237.60 here in Canada. I settled with the Antec Truepower quattro 850 for 143.00 from ncix.com a pretty sweet deal, unfortunately it went on sale here this week instead of last Antec Truepower Quattro 850W Power Supply Atx V2.2 EPS12V 20/24PIN Active Pfc 80PLUS Dual 8PIN PCI-E - DirectCanada.

You won't be disappointed with GTX280 its a powerhouse
Yea, im looking forward to the 280. Its going to be complete overkill at 1280x720... but i think it will last me a lot longer then a cheaper card. I would just buy a new monitor but really i dont like extremely high resolutions as i find the text and such to get too small in games and my eyes suck so i cant read it.

Also, I think i will start folding once i get the system up and running and know its stable. Now i just need to buy a few games to actually push the system! I doub't dawn of war or sins of a solar empire will push it much. Gonna be a huge difference from my 8600gt, cant wait to get world in conflict.

Will post some pictures and junk once i get the parts and get it running.