Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   The Ultimate Gaming Rig (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/10223-ultimate-gaming-rig.html)

renoracer September 20, 2008 09:17 PM

The Ultimate Gaming Rig

Well Guy's its about that time i get my ass in gear and pick up all of my parts
here is a parts list

Skulltrail d5400xs MoBo
Pair of 3.2GHz Core 2 Extreme QX9775 processors
8GB FBDIMM 800MHz DDR2 Ram (thing of watercooling)
3 GTX280'S Tri-Sli XFX XXX Series
Koolance 1300 Watt WaterCooled Psu
3 DD-Tieton GTX 280 WaterBlocks
2 Maze4 Cpu WaterBlocks
DD South-Bridge WaterBlock
2 BlackIce 480mm Rads
2 226watt Pelts
Danger Den Round Res
2 DD 12V Pumps
2 V-Raptors in Raid 0 300GB

ill post pictures once things start arriving i am sure ill be adding more to this list

misterlarry September 20, 2008 09:31 PM

Witf is this gonna cost, if you don't mind me asking. I still have the family jewels that I could sell off. So to speak.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I want to watch.

:ph34r:

renoracer September 20, 2008 09:34 PM

lmao

well i am limiting myself to $12-$13,000 now this is with a 30inch lcd

might end up being more due to taxes and custom's fees

lanken123 September 20, 2008 09:47 PM

wow..you must be a rich person.

Tazer-[X] September 20, 2008 10:45 PM

Well, you know, that mobo can handle xeons right ? They are superior and pure crunching power. And, what about scsi? WAY faster. Think bout getting like some 15k 72 GB scsi's, like 3 for raid 5. And kingston makes HyperX for FB-Dimm, s OR might be stuck with getting Qimonda, Samsung, or Infineon.
And, for mobo, there is Tyan, and Supermicro I beleive. true server class and quality boards.

renoracer September 20, 2008 11:10 PM

like i said i am not done picking out the gear as for scsi you right there will be a few drive in to comp
also for ram i was looking at the Crucial 4096MB PC5400 DDR2 FB-DIMM Memory
i am doing alot of research on this i am trying to make the ultimate gaming rig even tho its a server board but its one hell of a gaming one as well

no i am very very poor and i had to save my pennies for this lmao

i wonder if i can get away with 16gb of ram you ask what for well i can say this just to have it :bleh:

nvidia needs to make a dual gpu 280 so i can tri sli them lol wow 6gb of graphics that would be insane:rofl:

Eagle Eye September 20, 2008 11:16 PM

You'd think people would have better things to spend their money on certainly not in this case, although bragging rights generally comes at a price. Enjoy the new powerplant of a pc you're gonna build :clap:can't wait to see pics of this beast.

renoracer September 20, 2008 11:20 PM

well what more can i do? i am 26 years old i own my own home i own a new car i go on vacations i got quads and all kinds of other crap so why not get the best gaming rig in Canada lmao well i donno no about that
i enjoy this hobby and its something i have my heart set on so i bit the bullet and thats that ....
maybe i am looked at different for doing this but i dont care

enaberif September 20, 2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoracer (Post 91185)
well what more can i do? i am 26 years old i own my own home i own a new car i go on vacations i got quads and all kinds of other crap so why not get the best gaming rig in Canada lmao well i donno no about that
i enjoy this hobby and its something i have my heart set on so i bit the bullet and thats that ....
maybe i am looked at different for doing this but i dont care

Personally this won't be the best gaming rig :)

While it will be one hell of a rig I'm sure systems of MUCH lower price denominations can perform just as well.

Infiniti September 20, 2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 91186)
Personally this won't be the best gaming rig :)

While it will be one hell of a rig I'm sure systems of MUCH lower price denominations can perform just as well.

Like maybe.. Three 4870x2s? :rofl: