Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
Allstar

east coast? I would figure off shore driller. Where i work in the gold mines up north in bc, diamond drillers are getting paid 350 a day, plus a 1.50/fo0t bonus. And they drill about a hundred feet a day on average. As a matter of fact, its not unusual to have a hole cost a million dollars, like a wife:P ouch, cant beleive i said that. Oh, and we work up to 2 months straight at a time.
Old September 23, 2008, 12:00 AM
Top Prospect

well boys heres how......... i work part time as a welder.. also i have a Trust fund....... due to the loss of my mother, i am not going into details.....
PSU:Koolance 1300 Watt
Graphics: Tri sli XXX GTX280 XXX
HDD:2 Supertalent SSD
LCD:24IN Samsung wide
CASE:TT Armor
Danger Den WC Setup
4 Pelts 226Watt
Old September 23, 2008, 07:43 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

They all's just jealous reno. Build it and they will come!
Old September 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

BTW, an ultimate gaming rig needs a 30" monitor too.
Old September 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
They all's just jealous reno. Build it and they will come!
Yes build it and we will Cum

Sorry I had to be dirty it was just to easy.

Cant wait to see such a rig. Have you thought of using a mini rack for this setup my only thoughts being considering the cost of this beast so far putting this unit into a rack would allow for several bonuses, You could use the Koolance Rack mount water cooling option and move a lot of the cooling out of the case. and you could fit in redundant power supllies hell if you really want gusto add a fiber channle SAN to move the HD's out of the case. Now were toalking a tower of super power, that has easy access to all the components without having to pull the entire thing apart every time you want to change hardware....make it a little more modular.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old September 23, 2008, 09:39 AM

My System Specs

Tazer-[X], all those boards you mentioned are workstation/server boards, they are NOT enthusiast boards. You think they'll overclock worth a damn? Not likely.

SCSI? Silly move, it is an outdated technology and doesn't stand a chance against SAS. Even then SAS does not belong on a desktop/home computer. The V-raptors and a good SAS/SATA controller and still the best non-SSD drive you can buy for a PC.

Xeon's are no better than the QX9775. They are exactly the same minus the unlocked multiplier.

And as for Power 6, or any other server class processor, they are absolutely useless for a gaming computer as they can't even run on windows!
Old September 23, 2008, 10:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Tazer-[X], all those boards you mentioned are workstation/server boards, they are NOT enthusiast boards. You think they'll overclock worth a damn? Not likely.

SCSI? Silly move, it is an outdated technology and doesn't stand a chance against SAS. Even then SAS does not belong on a desktop/home computer. The V-raptors and a good SAS/SATA controller and still the best non-SSD drive you can buy for a PC.

Xeon's are no better than the QX9775. They are exactly the same minus the unlocked multiplier.

And as for Power 6, or any other server class processor, they are absolutely useless for a gaming computer as they can't even run on windows!

I agree...there is a fairly well defined line between some of the cooperate infrastructure hardware and enthusiast gaming PC. If you want to use this for any gaming purposes you will have to follow a pretty straight path on certain hardware remember it has to run windows vista in order to game. The hard drives are tricky hands down for performance per $ you couldnt come close to Vraptors in any of the IBM offerings but your still talking big moola for drives that will be trumped by SSD's very soon. On the processor front I wouldnt bother using anything but the QX9775 with the unlocked mulitpliers otherwise why bother....If you keep swaping in server parts you might as well just go buy an HP or IBM 4U virtual server ...hmmm when know that I think about it you could run virtual copies of Vista and XP.....bluh NVM forget I said any of that.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old September 23, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
BTW, an ultimate gaming rig needs a 30" monitor too.

Edit, Needs MANY 30" Monitors.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old September 23, 2008, 04:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

I've read on XS that the 15kRPM drives are actually slower than the Raptors for desktop/gaming usage because they are optimized differently (or something along those lines). I also read that on Skulltrail, 3 way SLI'd GTX280s are faster than 2 4870X2s due to some driver related slowdowns with the 4870X2s. For the CPU blocks, go with either the Swiftech GTZ or the D-Tek Fuzion V2 (both nearly identical). I've yet to read something good about the Koolance liquid cooled PSU's, so I'd suggest getting a PSU from a more well known brand such as PCP&C or Corsair. For the pumps, I'd either get the Laing D5 (Swiftech MCP-655) or something more powerful from Eheim. In reality, this system will be completely overkill (especially the CPUs, seeing as few games can even use >2 cores) but its your money and it will make one hell of a system!