Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Networking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/networking/)
-   -   Spam filter for Outlook (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/networking/9593-spam-filter-outlook.html)

Kilauea August 23, 2008 10:57 PM

Spam filter for Outlook

Hello, I am looking for a good spam filter for outlook.

I must say i am not utterly familiar with the program, but I also need to prevent infections like what I just had to clean.

enaberif August 23, 2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilauea (Post 82444)
Hello, I am looking for a good spam filter for outlook.

I must say i am not utterly familiar with the program, but I also need to prevent infections like what I just had to clean.

Don't use Outlook use Thunderbird.

Kilauea August 24, 2008 12:07 AM

Outlook or Thunderbird, to me there is no difference. I need something that is safe and that has good anti-spam filters.

And as I said I don't use those(its actually not for me), so it would be very nice if you could find me a good filter, I am not sure but I think I read u could get some... back then thunderbird was lacking a bit compared to outlook.

enaberif August 24, 2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilauea (Post 82452)
Outlook or Thunderbird, to me there is no difference. I need something that is safe and that has good anti-spam filters.

And as I said I don't use those(its actually not for me), so it would be very nice if you could find me a good filter, I am not sure but I think I read u could get some... back then thunderbird was lacking a bit compared to outlook.

You obviously have no idea then.

Outlook is full of security holes and is very unsafe.

Thunderbird is not full of security holes and is A LOT more safe.

Filters? Not going to happen in a client you'd have to install a 3rd party email filter, but any GOOD anti-virus will do this for you regardless.

Kilauea August 24, 2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 82454)
Outlook is full of security holes and is very unsafe.

Thunderbird is not full of security holes and is A LOT more safe.

For this part I had an idea... I mean that's to be expected from MS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 82454)
Filters? Not going to happen in a client you'd have to install a 3rd party email filter, but any GOOD anti-virus will do this for you regardless.

Yah, that's what I was talking about. I need a whatever, if its a 3rd party email filter, then so be it... This is for my father who is not very cautious to say the least.

enaberif August 24, 2008 01:02 AM

Just use Thunderbird and a good av and call it a day.

Squeetard August 24, 2008 10:11 AM

Check with your ISP. Most of them Shaw/Rogers have spam filters on the Email service, but you have to register at the customer care site and then enable it in your profile.

Kilauea August 24, 2008 02:35 PM

The emails are not from ISP, I am not sure what to call them, its a business email.

foxman August 24, 2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilauea (Post 82599)
The emails are not from ISP, I am not sure what to call them, its a business email.

Well, then tell the IT manager at your business to filter spam mail.

Kilauea August 24, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxman (Post 82618)
Well, then tell the IT manager at your business to filter spam mail.

I guess that is me.