Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2008, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I think it really depends on where you are.... I switched to Rogers here in Moncton and was dreading it based on the crap service I got from them in Borden Ontario. (Throughput slowed to a crawl during peak).

I've been hooked up for a week and a half, and am happy to report that my throughput is pretty damn close to the same 8500/900 I was getting with Eastlink back in HFX, and aside from the first couple of days (they've done something to the lines since then) I haven't noticed any peak time issues.

I've got second highest tier with 95G cap so since I don't DL movies I shouldn't even come close to half of that.
Yeah and thats why im looking. At a house about 5 blocks away I was getting full 6 meg and could easily go up to 16 had bell alowed us too. But now that I'm here, there is so much copper in the way that I'm down to 3 meg with no way of moving up (I even had to bump down to 2.5!)

Ah well. Guess I'm stuck.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old August 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My bad, acanac gets throttled..you can set up a SSH Tunnel proxy server which you can set up in about 5 minutes and enjoy unthrottled torrent speeds and the work around is explained in their forums and is totally legal..that is if you want no traffic shaping..i've read about them a couple of reviews and it seems that they provide what they advertise..