Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2014, 10:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Well, it's not that I'd recommend against it so much than the network share model has just always worked flawlessly for me... seems to be less complicated once it's up and running, providing your network shares don't up and disappear

SHEEP: take a look at this and see if any of it applies. I've realized I'm network dumb!
I did those things in a previous guide. I did however go to the WDTV live in the media streaming options and allow full access (not default). Waiting to try that.
Old March 1, 2014, 11:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
I did those things in a previous guide. I did however go to the WDTV live in the media streaming options and allow full access (not default). Waiting to try that.
Have you solved this yet?

I have 3 of these WD Live Media Players (love them) and I have had this same problem twice, both times after performing a fresh install of my windows media server.

First time was fix by applying a new Firmware update that came out a week after I had the problem.
Second time was fixed by making sure I had the correct settings on my server. Note, I do not use the "media server" option, rather I chose the "Windows Network Share" and navigated to my PC.
You need to give it a minute sometimes for the list of window shares to populate fully.
Turning on "Network Discovery" and sharing your desired media folders with everyone should suffice.