Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2014, 05:47 AM
Allstar

I demoed teamviewer and had problems with people getting it to run. The program itself worked fine and I was happy with it, but for those one offs that had to download the client... whatever it was I had more problems with the people. Its not free but I use goto assist, and once you pay into any of these remote supports the renewal costs pretty much make sure you stay there vs moving to another program for 40% more.
Old August 8, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you get them to download the teamviewer "quicksupport" app that is 2nd or 3rd down on the download page it really can't get any simpler than that.

If they struggle with that then you need to charge double.
Old August 10, 2014, 08:20 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
If you get them to download the teamviewer "quicksupport" app that is 2nd or 3rd down on the download page it really can't get any simpler than that.

If they struggle with that then you need to charge double.
Oh they pay no worries there

No one types in addresses anymore. Teamviewer has a lot of high ranking malware google results over competitors. I am sure I could include a link off my own site to the direct download but citrix does all this for you and seems more aggressive on the malware rankings.

The products are arguably the exact same for quality as far as I could tell. Just one points to fewer malware sites in what I have found.
Old September 2, 2014, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Is Logmein the same as Hamachi? The websites names look tied together somehow. I was going to try Hamachi again so a friend can join me in coop Borderlands but we went with Tunngle instead (and I'd much rather use anything else but Tunngle).
Old September 2, 2014, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Same company, similar product, slightly different features for different customers.

Logmein can be used like a VPN pretty much the same as Hamachi, unless you need to manage a lot of clients.