Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2014, 09:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
Hi JD, Can you recall which Canada Computers store you visited? I ask because unfortunately I admit we don't get around to the store kiosks often enough to ensure that the VBox' are operating at expectation, and unaddressed issues such as internet speed to the VBox can of course affect reception quality. However, even as far back as a few months ago, in fact right to the beginning of our launch, I cannot recollect a comment from any of our customers that reflected the impression you expressed for the standard of our broadcast quality. It would be great if you gave it another shot.
I've actually frequented your own forums and DSL Reports as well (jdrom) with the same comments.

The store I went to was the Unionville one (Warden/Hwy7), I also frequent the Kennedy (Scarbrough) store as well but it seems their demo is never up and running.

I truly want to drop Rogers cable, but like I've said, the quality is far less. I'm pretty sure I went through every channel when I was looking at it in Unionville, and all the channels marked as HD seemed more like SD. And the SD channels were just impossible to watch. There was major compression artifacts (blockiness, smeared colours) on any channel I looked at. To me, it looked like the bitrate/resolution was simply too low.
Old May 27, 2014, 03:38 PM
Trial Member

I have had Zazeen for a few months now. I am happy with it. There is really only one annoyance you get a pop up at about 1.5 of idle activity that asks you if you are still watching TV.

I have no issues with the picture quality, looks about the same as regular cable. The down side is if you have more than 1 TV in the house like I do. You need a box for each TV. Unlike regular cable where I would only have 1 digital PVR in the main room and just watch analog in the bedroom.

Like others I never watch cable anymore we just download everything we want to watch. I really only watch cable now to watch Discovery or History channel. So this is the perfect solution for me.
Old May 27, 2014, 05:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Analog cable will soon be gone anyhow

I got VMedia setup and it looks similar to Rogers, but definitely not as clear/sharp due to it being lower bitrate/more compression. It's watchable though and my reliance on live TV gets less and less.

I haven't cancelled Rogers/TekSavvy yet though...