Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2013, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yeah okay thanks Chris....should be interesting reading...I'm so out of touch with Networking and Routers....all the lingo.....got lost reading instructions on how to install Tomato FW on my old Linksys ;) Its always a fluke in my house when I fumble my way through getting all of my Media devices to read from my PC thru my Network...just keep on clicking on things till it works ;)

Just reading through that Site...looks great Chris, thanks again...downloaded the Merlin FW, but see Asus are presently working on a new release, some Beta Users getting very good results....my big concern is slowdowns and having to reset every few days...looks as though it may be solved on the 2.4 Ghz Frequency.
Tons to ingest....

EDIT: Quick question, when I recieveth Router, I'll connect to my PC (Hardwired), then should I update FW prior to setting up the Wireless?

Last edited by rjbarker; December 11, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old December 21, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Love this Router....have BB50 plan thru Shaw....my wired tower gets 53 Mbps download running Speedtest.....my Asus Laptop via Wireless, downstairs other end of the house (about 80 ft thru walls and such).....48 -50 Mbps speedtest....

....still get one bar in my truck on my Iphone at the stop sign at the end of the street ....maybe 1000 ft away.. ;)

The Asus ICloud Ap on my Iphone works great...can access the movies on my WD portable HD plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the RT AC68U Router and stream em ;)

Nice Router....support is awesome with FW, Forums etc....