Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default COuld the flooding in ALbertas be causing connection isues with BC shaw ISP?

I am not sure what is going on with connection issues could it be because of the flooding in Alberta I am not sure but I have been running smoke ping and these are my results since yesterday tell me what you think is going on?
https://secure.dslreports.com/r3/smo...8cc94d60e03ba3
Old June 25, 2013, 10:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I know for a fact that a number of large datacenters got hit. It wouldn't surprise me if several large fiber switches were hit as well.
Old June 25, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

now it does make sense I was trying to figure out what was going on and then read a post at the dslreports site where someone else was having the similar problems but in a different part of BC and it was mentioned that the flooding might be the reason.
kind of makes me feel a little guilty becasue yesterday I was complaining about my " Internet connection and there are people in Alberta that have lost there homes .
Old June 25, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Odd, I'm also on shaw and within about 30km from you and my internet is fine.
Old June 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Odd, I'm also on shaw and within about 30km from you and my internet is fine.
hmm now I wonder if it is my PC itself then because I have been playing Playing older games online on my old DFI p35 q6600 setup and have not one disconnect or lag or anything like it but on my main PC I try to surf and am having problems connect to the net I have tried with 3 different web browsers and when I am having problems i try a different web browser but still connection problems I am now starting to wonder if this asrock z77 motherboard is getting flaky. I have had a couple of USB issues where I had to unplug my remote control receiver thing and plug it into a different USB port or maybe it is just a coincidence but I am not sure how to check the LAN or the usb on this motherboard.