Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2013, 03:26 AM
MVP

Default League of Legends 300 to 400ms is not that bad?

Basically my latency has doubled when playing Lol (League of Legends) from 180-200ms normally to 300-400ms. It has been like this consistently for the last 4-5 days.

"300 to 400ms is not that bad"

Perhaps I am wrong, but isn't 300-400ms pretty bad?

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old June 23, 2013, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionRed View Post
Basically my latency has doubled when playing Lol (League of Legends) from 180-200ms normally to 300-400ms. It has been like this consistently for the last 4-5 days.

"300 to 400ms is not that bad"

Perhaps I am wrong, but isn't 300-400ms pretty bad?
180ms is bad. 300 is horrible
Old June 23, 2013, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't think I could play anything online with that lag.
Old June 24, 2013, 07:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Honestly ever since the recent patch my ping goes bonkers. It reached 600 at one point, so I stopped playing LoL all together.
Old June 24, 2013, 07:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
Honestly ever since the recent patch my ping goes bonkers. It reached 600 at one point, so I stopped playing LoL all together.
Same... I used to be under 70 except in very busy nights when I would over around 90-100.

Now I can barely break 250.

I even tried running 2 difference computers straight on the modem just in case... nope, issue not at my end.
Old June 24, 2013, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

most likely ISP if you are on cable internet and there is allot of people on line streaming downloading in your area it will create that kind of lag. but also you could try a trace route to the servers IP that way you could see where the lag is coming from I know that lately I have been having allot of connection issues with shaw I have been disconnected twice from NWN server but also even surfing the net I have been having huge connection issues lately I am not sure if it is from there crappy modem or the ISP it self because before I upgraded I rarely had issues using there old moden and my Asus router but was force to use there dcp3825 router that thing gets how I am almost considering putting a fan on it
Old June 24, 2013, 09:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
most likely ISP if you are on cable internet and there is allot of people on line streaming downloading in your area it will create that kind of lag. but also you could try a trace route to the servers IP that way you could see where the lag is coming from I know that lately I have been having allot of connection issues with shaw I have been disconnected twice from NWN server but also even surfing the net I have been having huge connection issues lately I am not sure if it is from there crappy modem or the ISP it self because before I upgraded I rarely had issues using there old moden and my Asus router but was force to use there dcp3825 router that thing gets how I am almost considering putting a fan on it
I could see that if I had lag in all my online games... every other game is always under 100(around 50 90% of the time) unless I end up on a Europe server or something like that. I got a very good and stable cable connection at home(touching wood).

Mechwarrior Online, WoW, Neverwinter Nights(never checked ping but never lagged), Dungeon Defenders, Borderlands 2, etc... Always a good connection.

The step of removing the hardware between computer and modem to me is just making sure the router is not causing issue or another computer is not hogging up bandwidth for whatever reason.

So yeah, in the LoL case, I dont know what they did 2 weeks ago in my case but it has gone down the drain for me, I will try again in a couple days see if it's better.