Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2015, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurious View Post
I would love to find a company that will run FTTH here in Tottenham. There are a few big developments going up near me so maybe that will get one of the big three to get off their lazy asses.
First thing..Necro!

Second, specifically for Fleurious. I saw Fibre being laid to the new in-fill subdivision in Beeton(off Dayfoot), and I know that parts of Beeton have FTTN. How does this affect Tottenham? Well, the new subdivision north of the 3rd Line, and the developments in the east end almost certainly (will)have Fibre as well. However, depending on which part of town, you may not see anything out of this, at least not for the forseeable future. As a point of interest, a Fibre line runs down the Second Line, at least between Tottenham Rd, and the Tec-Adj Townline.

However, I have noticed that Rogers is now offering there 250/20 service in Beeton(probably Tottenham as well).
Old August 17, 2015, 03:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going Bell Atlantic FibreOp at the end of the month. We'll see how it goes, but the rogers infrastructure down here is getting a little old and tired (silly things like every second tv channel being either 720p or 1080i and it taking 5 - 10 seconds for the cable box to switch, overnight firmware updates that require a physical power cycle to bring the box back up, and cable boxes not responding to remote input even though you can see the "signal received" indication on the cable box when you press the remote button).

There's no contracts any more and I'll hang onto my owned DVR and SD box on the off chance that I hate the bell system and want to switch back. Pricing is pretty much the same within 10% either way but bell's internet package is well above anything that Rogers is able to offer at all let alone what I'm able to get at the same price point.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM

Tags
fiber , fibre