Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Networking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/networking/)
-   -   is there an ISP list for high speed in BC (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/networking/60230-there-isp-list-high-speed-bc.html)

Shadowmeph March 17, 2013 11:27 AM

is there an ISP list for high speed in BC

I am not having any problems with Shaw so far but I like to keep an Eye out for cheaper prices so I am wondering if there is a List of the ISPs in British Columbia . I know of Two in the Fraser Valley which are of course Shaw and Telus but is there others for residential High speed high or no up\download cap?

enaberif March 17, 2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 696962)
I am not having any problems with Shaw so far but I like to keep an Eye out for cheaper prices so I am wondering if there is a List of the ISPs in British Columbia . I know of Two in the Fraser Valley which are of course Shaw and Telus but is there others for residential High speed high or no up\download cap?

Shaw
Telus
TekkSavvy

Don't bother with anyone else.

Shaw is your best bet no matter how you look at it.

supaflyx3 March 17, 2013 11:50 AM

For the fraser valley your only choices really are only telus and shaw, everyone else has garbage packages.

Soullessone21 March 17, 2013 12:34 PM

on the island and Richmond Telus is hands down the best true optik and its damn fast and you get a free TV :P

Shaw for the comox valley on the island, everywhere else Telus.

Shadowmeph March 17, 2013 01:13 PM

that is what I thought . thank you

enaberif March 17, 2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 696968)
on the island and Richmond Telus is hands down the best true optik and its damn fast and you get a free TV :P

Shaw for the comox valley on the island, everywhere else Telus.

Optik is a joke.. hey lets watch tv and watch our overall bandwidth speed drop! Oh yah.:whistle:

KaptCrunch March 17, 2013 02:20 PM

look at Primus been using in ontario with no problem with cap

Looking to save money on your High Speed Internet?
Say goodbye to Internet caps and additional usage charges. Enjoy unlimited Internet usage and great savings from Primus!

• Unlimited monthly usage (with no caps)
  • Up to 7 Mbps download speed
  • Anti-Spam & Virus Protection on your Primus email
  • No contract commitment

Shadowmeph May 20, 2013 12:22 PM

OK I am necroing this
I am wondering if anyone has used Lightspeed ISP I noticed that they have a special for Cable internet of upto 250.0 Mbps/5.0Mbps for 29.95 with no cap, I know that they probably will have extra fees but I am thinking that this still is a decent deal compaired to paying 86.00 for shaws internet or is it?

enaberif May 20, 2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 710016)
OK I am necroing this
I am wondering if anyone has used Lightspeed ISP I noticed that they have a special for Cable internet of upto 250.0 Mbps/5.0Mbps for 29.95 with no cap, I know that they probably will have extra fees but I am thinking that this still is a decent deal compaired to paying 86.00 for shaws internet or is it?

Lightspeed is like any other 3rd party vendor.

They re-sell the service and probably off the same backbone as Shaw.

supaflyx3 May 20, 2013 02:37 PM

I'm not sure where you see 250mbit/5 for 30, but all they have on their website is 100/5 for $130.