Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well i am far from a novice lol and i have flashed 10000's of bios and routers and i have never bricked anything or problems hence why this is pissing me off i have just had bad luck with router in the past few years just died after a few months.

but thanks for all your help guys/gals
Old January 16, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya see the problem is that i can't get to the routers page and everytime i check the ipconfig in cmd line it tells me the right address but that just brings me to my dsl modem i have no access to the damn router other wise i could just fix it that's my problem

and only a moron would try to use wireless to flash firmware it was all done through the hard line on plug 1 it just caused the page to not be accessible adn there no wireless at all now the flash seemed to go fine i rebooted the router but noticed after a little bit that my iphone had no wireless so i tried to get to my routers page and no matter what ip address i use it's not there. so i reset it hoping to get it to the default but no joy not sure what the hell happened

not to mention this is the first time i have ever used the page to flash a firmware i mean i am think sometimes but i know what i am doing not a rookie it should have worked fine but i guess not and there's no ddwrt for this router.

If i was new to this i could understand but i mean i have flashed 1000's of bios,firmware,iphones,crackferries with only minor problems i could always fix but this has me stumped

Last edited by gingerbee; January 16, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old January 16, 2013, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh yes and when i try to go to the default page is says it can't connect and it even has the dlink symbol at the page so like i said not sure what the hell is going on.

and it's default gateway is 192.168.1.254 which just bring me to my dsl modem my router is not showing up at all but still working for my home network which is crazy considering it shows no ip for it anywhere
Old January 16, 2013, 06:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

To be honest I flashed my D-link router wirelessly... and it worked lol.

As for your situation, if you cannot access your router's configurations with a wired connection after a firmware update. I suggest looking at your IP address of your computer to make sure that the subnet is the same as your router's, you may never know, it might of changed.

Other than that I do not see why it cannot be accessed, unless you have Norton installed or something.
Old January 16, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

already thought of this and nope thanks
Old January 16, 2013, 07:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

check all your network equipment... smells like you might have an ip address conflict going on somewhere.
Old January 16, 2013, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ISP could be locking you out. try not hucked to modem.
Old January 17, 2013, 02:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well this is know driving me nuts i have tried everything under the sun to reset the router to factory setting to access the router anyway possible and nothing is working not really sure whats going on and i checked the dlink how to upgrade your firmware and i followed it to a T so makes no sense to me really just pissed about the fact i have bad luck with routers. thing i cant figure out is that the router is still working which is strange i mean all wired connections work fine oh well time to buy yet another router now i know why noobs pay me to setup there routers cause it drives me nuts ajhahahahahahahahahahah

thanks all
Old January 17, 2013, 05:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
ok well this is know driving me nuts i have tried everything under the sun to reset the router to factory setting to access the router anyway possible and nothing is working not really sure whats going on and i checked the dlink how to upgrade your firmware and i followed it to a T so makes no sense to me really just pissed about the fact i have bad luck with routers. thing i cant figure out is that the router is still working which is strange i mean all wired connections work fine oh well time to buy yet another router now i know why noobs pay me to setup there routers cause it drives me nuts ajhahahahahahahahahahah

thanks all
You bought a Dlink and wonder why you have had so many issues? Should have bought a Linksys (bleh) or Asus.

And don't cheap out either buy a GOOD one.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

*cough* netgear *cough*