Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Rookie

How do I disable qos in the network settings? It's already disabled in my DIR-625 router and that's the only qos I know that exists atm.

I have Marvell Yukon 88e8056 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller on my board.

Thanks for all the replies!

edit1: Is it Local Area Connection properties and I just uncheck "QoS Packet Scheduler" ?

edit2: Well I just tried unchecking the QoS packet scheduler and it seems to help, but the problem still exists when I open 3 youtube tabs instead of just 1 or 2 so it could be fluke.

edit3: This is what it says when I have youtube videos loading and I try to load another webpage.

No data received
Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

or

This web page is not available
The server at symthic.com can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

edit:4 yep disabling that QoS packet scheduler was just a fluke

Last edited by liquidxerox; December 12, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old December 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

When I suspect my DNS server I will punch in open dns (OpenDNS Presents Umbrella) to make sure.other than that do you get same issue with Firefox? Chrome has this issue (Fixing Chrome Bug Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE):)
Old December 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Rookie

I just tried OpenDNS and setup my router with what they said to do. My problem still exists and it seems like pages load a little slower now.... Not sure why.

I installed Firefox Nightly earlier today to see if I can reproduce it and it does, but instead of having to wait for the video to finish loading entirely pages load after like a 30 seconds. I don't know why, but Firefox lags for me. It's very unresponsive and jumpy video playback if I have more than one youtube video open.
Old December 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Only other things I can think of are to reinstall nic card drivers, they could be corrupt or something corrupted your registry. i.e. antivirus or malware removal did it. Or this Turn Off DNS Prefetching in Google Chrome to Fix Resolving Host and Cannot Load Page Error My Digital Life
Old December 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Rookie

nvm opendns did not slow down my internet it's just that I cleared my browser history.

That guide to turn off DNS prefetching is a little not applicable for my version of chrome but I'm guessing it's the "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" under privacy. (not that i'm complaining)

Maybe I'll try older drivers

edit1: nope disabling prefetching didnt work

edit2: Uninstalled drivers from device manager and let windows auto install some drivers it found, which I'm guessing are basically the same ones. Problem still exists

edit3: Might have just fixed the problem...... I switched to the other lan port on the motherboard and it seems to be all fine now? Further testing is required to confirm.

edit4: Nope nvm problem still exists

edit5: Problem seems to have magically gone away without me doing anything? I guess the problem might be intermittent now and I have no idea what to do....

edit6: Yes I'm quite sure the problem is intermittent now

Last edited by liquidxerox; December 15, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old December 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Rookie

First and final bump.

It seems like no one can figure out the fix for my issue.

I am still very grateful for all the help!

One last question: Does anyone think a NIC card would potentially solve my problem? They're only like 10 bucks for the cheapest one at NCIX ....so if there's a pretty good chance it would work I don't mind dropping 10 dollars.
Old December 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So... You are ONLY having the problem on this one computer. You've reformatted, plugged directly into the modem by bypassing your router, reinstalled NIC drivers, tried different browsers, tried different DNS servers, and some other slew of 'fixes'? After all that then yes, definitely try grabbing a new NIC and put it in your PC to test to see if your NIC is faulty because what else could it really be at that point. If that doesn't work then I suggest throwing your computer off of a 5 story balcony into a dumpster and proceed to rage.

And although I know you've tried different DNS servers maybe just put int Google's DNS into your NIC settings on the computer (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and also try a tcpip stack reset; at command prompt type " netsh winsock reset " and then " netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt ". That probably isnt going to do anything seeing as how you reinstalled Windows but something to try amirite?

Tags
internet , modem , network , router , shaw