LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well.....

Quote:
Why you shouldn’t set your DNS permanently to Tunlr
For speed, stability, privacy and security reasons we do not recommend to permanently set your computer’s or router’s DNS addresses to Tunlr. Setting the DNS permanently to Tunlr also puts a heavy strain on Tunlr’s network infrastructure. In order to render the permanent use of our DNS less attractive, we’re artificially delaying responses to DNS queries. What this means is that your Internet surfing experience will be a lot slower than if you’d just use your Internet service provider’s DNS. However, your ability to download/stream audio or video content is not affected by this delay.
Please see the following links for more ideas about how to temporarily use our DNS servers.
Old September 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

haha :P i wrote a quick batch script to automatically change the dns to tunlr's servers, and then another script to go back to the default dns servers for windows if anyone wants it, I decided just to set the PS3 on my network to use tunlr's dns servers permanently since all its used for is netflix.
Old September 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

So then why add a static DNS? Just write in DNSMasq commands? That limits the amount of routers further.

Edit: Read page 2 ..
DNSMasq would be the way to go for complete automation throughout the house.
Old September 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh well, this way works just as well :)
Old October 2, 2012, 11:11 AM
Rookie

I was a happy user of tunlr until they decided to drop Netflix. The only reason that I used tunlr was to watch US Netflix cause it's way better than the Canadian one. Anyway, I went back to unotelly which is a paid service. Today I got a tweet by them which telling me that they offer 50% discount for the first month at unotelly especially for tunlr users. I couldn't use it because I was an unotelly customer in the past. If anyone want to use the discount code, it is [ iheartnetflix ]
Old October 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i use a set of numbers i found on the internet, on my wii, and xbox 360. netflix is fast and the speeds are great, free too