Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Wireless connection drops when XP goes idle

My wireless connection (via USB antenna) goes dormant or disconnects when either the XP system sits ideal for a short period of time or the screen saver kicks in. I have to log out and log back in for the wireless adapter to reconnect to my wireless router. My notebook does not have this issue so i know it is not my router. (it also happens when Iím hardwired into my router)

I have looked at my power settings, my network settings and my adapter settings and there does not seem to be any options that would fix this error.

Basically I want to be able to have my computer connected to the internet 24/7 with out having to reboot the XP OS evertime is takes a nap :(

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old March 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am going to take a guess and say that this is a power saving thing maybe? when the pc sits for a while it goes into sleep or hibernate or which ever mode and when this happens the Internet disconnects, maybe look at the power saying settings .
Old March 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Go into Device Manager and find the wireless adapter and then right click on it. Check the power saving in there.

Tags
router , sleep , wireless , wireless adapter