Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default Gigabit Internet for $70: the unlikely success of California's Sonic.net

Gigabit Internet for $70: the unlikely success of California's Sonic.net

Interesting read, Bell ... Rogers ... yeah take some notes.

My favourite part :
Quote:
As ISPs often note, people keep using more data; what they usually neglect to mention is that the costs of providing it have dropped dramatically. "It's reasonable to say that consumer bandwidth consumption went up,” Sonic chief executive and co-founder Dane Jasper said when I stopped in for a visit at his Santa Rosa office late last year. “But at the same time, the cost of clearing those bits keeps going down."
Old February 28, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"server simply couldn’t provide the 695-megabyte file as quickly as the connection allowed."

LOLS yep